Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

WINNER ANNOUNCED!! Healthy Hydration - Day 4: Dress it Up! BONUS WIN a CafeMom Water Bottle

Posted by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 10:05 AM
  • 42 Replies
1 mom liked this

Your activity for Day 4 is: Dress it Up!

Whether you're a water lover looking for an occasional change of pace, or you really need more flavor in order to get enough to drink, these ideas will work for you!

Try adding a fun flavor combo to a pitcher of water:

• Lemon and cucumber
  • Fresh ginger and lime
  • Plum and cinnamon
  • Pineapple and mint 
  • Raspberry and lime 
  • Cilantro, lime and jalapeno 
  • Tarragon leaves with blueberries and raspberries 
  • Cucumber, honeydew and mint 
  • Tomato slices with fresh horseradish 
  • Strawberry, kiwi and mint

You can also make your water prettier by freezing fruit juice or adding mint leaves or large berries to your ice cubes before freezing then "spa-ify" your glass of water with the pretty (and tasty) ice cubes.

And speaking of pretty :-) not only is water good for your health, it can help you LOOK better too!  Drinking enough water moisturizes your skin from the inside out.  Dry skin shows more sags and wrinkles while well hydrated skin naturally looks younger.  Water also helps the body metabolize stored fat making it easier to maintain a healthy weight and it helps reduce fluid retention!

So if you won't drink more for your health, do it for your vanity.  (Just kidding...do it for BOTH!)  

What are your favorite flavor combinations?

One Mom who replies to this post will WIN a CafeMom Water Bottle.

One Mom who replies to this post will WIN a CafeMom Water Bottle.

If you haven't signed up for the Healthy Hydration Challenge, you can do so here: 
Join the Healthy Hydration Challenge - Drink More Water and Win! 
If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here: 
Healthy Hydration - Day 3: Schedule Sips!

The Giveaway Rules:

The Breastfeeding Moms Giveaway starts 10/24/13 at 10am (ET) and ends 10/31/13 at 11pm (ET) (the "Giveaway Period"). Enter by replying to this post with an appropriate comment during the Giveaway Period.
Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning. One winner will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a CafeMom Water Bottle.
The random drawing shall occur on or about 11/7/13. No Purchase Necessary. Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older. Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules. 
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 10:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AudlyLuvly
by Bronze Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 10:40 AM
I love adding berries and citrus to my water pitcher! That jalapeno combination sounds interesting, is the water spicy??
L7-0
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 10:41 AM
Ooo! Fresh ginger and lime. Great idea!
risaspieces
by Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 10:43 AM
I'm boring I always do Lemon or lime.
LorinLizziesMom
by Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 10:43 AM

Voss water bottles are excellent for this if you are on the go and want to do something! They have super wide openings on top that are great for shoving slices of lemon, cucumber, and other fruit and herbs into. I personally love cucumber and mint. 

a5mcfarland
by Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 10:45 AM
I normally just use lemon
mommy-of-3-lils
by Nicole on Oct. 24, 2013 at 10:50 AM
Im going to try some of those... sounds yummy
happymommy1105
by Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 10:50 AM

i don't like flavored water.  weird i know.

musicalbabe85
by Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 10:53 AM
I like my water plain or with lemon. Not real big on any other combos.
kgalvano
by Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 11:13 AM
I buy the flavor things that u can put in each bottle of water at the store. I like the cherry limeaide lemon tea cherry n strawberry.
AspensMama1537
by Bronze Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 11:26 AM
I just like it plain. It seems like too much work to add flavors. It always sounds good though.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)