Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Moms with older kids who were BF...do you find this true?

Posted by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 7:05 PM
  • 45 Replies

by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 7:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lizzys_mommy13
by Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 7:08 PM

Well... my 4 year old went through a phase where all she wanted was chicken nuggets and mac and cheese. lol 
She does love broccoli, squash, grapes, apples and various other fruits and veggies though. Comparing her to my friends formula fed child, they seem about the same.  

SewingMamaLele
by Leanne on Oct. 16, 2013 at 7:13 PM
1 mom liked this
My kids eat healthy without protest... I've never given them another choice, though so... Who knows?
adt87
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 7:13 PM
In my case my two who were formula fed are way less picky than my oldest who I breastfed for 2 months. I'm curious to see how my 3mo who is ebf does when he's older :)
comptonkids
by Bronze Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 7:15 PM
my oldest was bf for 7 months, but I did purees with her, she is by far my pickiest eater

my middle was only bf for a month,I did a combination of bls and purees... she eats much better

my son is still somewhat breastfed at 26 months,I did strictly bls... he is my BEST eater, will eat just about anything
justone_jen
by Jen on Oct. 16, 2013 at 7:18 PM
My only child is 19 months and loves healthy food.

For me, I don't attribute it to nursing, but instead to my being health conscious.
MaryJarrett
by Mary on Oct. 16, 2013 at 7:24 PM
My girls breastfed for 3.5-4 yrs and 2.5 yrs. They both eat anything I set in front of them, including all veggies and fruits. But then again, I LOVE fruits and veggies. I'll eat them over anything else. Yummy!
justone_jen
by Jen on Oct. 16, 2013 at 7:24 PM
2 moms liked this
Exactly. It has more to do with parental choices, in my opinion. Maybe the implication is that nursing mothers are more health conscious, in general.

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

My kids eat healthy without protest... I've never given them another choice, though so... Who knows?
Jojie
by Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 8:43 PM
Same with my kids

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

shortyali
by Alicia on Oct. 16, 2013 at 9:20 PM
I don't tho knit only has to deal with nursing. I only nursed my DS1 for 7 weeks and now at 5 years old he would rather have a bowl of fruit than a cookie.
tperez10
by Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 9:24 PM

My 2 year old was BF for 5 months. I had to stop because my grandpa had cancer and we all had to pitch in to take care of him. DS has a wonderful diet. He eats everything, but he loves berries.

I don't think this is true though. My 5 year old nephew and 2 year old niece were both BF and they're extremely picky eaters. My SIL is constantly buying Pediasure for them since they won't eat ANYTHING. My nephew was BF for 3 years and my niece for a few months because she didn't like breastmilk.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)