Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

All set up to breastfeed...

Posted by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 4:33 PM
  • 11 Replies

And then BAM..you gotta pee or something. 

My DD can eat up to an hour. So when I know I'm going to feed her I try and go to the bathroom,grab a snack,drink,iPad ,phone,etc.

so it sucks when I'm all comfy in my chair,boppy set and baby latched on and I forget something,the doorbell rings,or I have to pee all of a sudden. 

The joys of breastfeeding! Lol

by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 4:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 4:46 PM
1 mom liked this
All the time. Sometimes you just have to lay the baby down for a moment. They do survive!
Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Oct. 17, 2013 at 11:26 PM
2 moms liked this
I've had to take my still attached baby to the bathroom with me! I came back to the couch/chair and baby is still attached and nursing! lol
Terikins
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 12:07 AM

Hahaha,I've done this. She had been crying so hard,I just didn't have the heart to unlatch her and I couldn't wait! 

Quoting Junebaby18:

I've had to take my still attached baby to the bathroom with me! I came back to the couch/chair and baby is still attached and nursing! lol

Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Oct. 18, 2013 at 12:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Terikins:

Hahaha,I've done this. She had been crying so hard,I just didn't have the heart to unlatch her and I couldn't wait! 

Quoting Junebaby18:I've had to take my still attached baby to the bathroom with me! I came back to the couch/chair and baby is still attached and nursing! lol

You soon learn the art of 1-handed pants pulling up! lol
KSK0811
by Megan on Oct. 18, 2013 at 4:03 PM
1 mom liked this

My LO doesn't eat for more than 10 minutes at a time right now, so it isn't as much of an issue. He's easily distracted and he's bottle-fed all day long, so he's beginning to lose interest in breastfeeding. I have more luck when he's sleepy and he nurses fine at night.

Ms.Pteranodon
by Silver Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 4:06 PM
1 mom liked this
I've learned this!!!!!

Quoting Junebaby18:

Quoting Terikins:

Quoting Junebaby18:I've had to take my still attached baby to the bathroom with me! I came back to the couch/chair and baby is still attached and nursing! lol

You soon learn the art of 1-handed pants pulling up! lol

Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Oct. 18, 2013 at 4:10 PM

Pretty sure it happens to us all. Now it reaaly sucks that I am tandem nursing and have to get both boys unlatched before I can do whatever it is I needed to do.....(that's a lot of trouble, so I usually just suck it up until they finish on their own, lol)

Terikins
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 4:14 PM

Oh man,I can't imagine two! 

Quoting Cruz-s-mommy:

Pretty sure it happens to us all. Now it reaaly sucks that I am tandem nursing and have to get both boys unlatched before I can do whatever it is I needed to do.....(that's a lot of trouble, so I usually just suck it up until they finish on their own, lol)

tperez10
by Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 4:54 PM

Same here. I either forget to grab a snack or water, forget to pee, or someone is at the door or DS wants food or water.

Corinnesingh
by Bronze Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 11:44 PM

this is why i want to master nursing in a mobi wrap

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)