Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Pregnant and nursing question Update AGAIN

Posted by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 11:20 AM
  • 21 Replies
Final update. I finally went into triage last night and I have a urinary tract infection. So that's why I've been in so much pain. She told me the contractions will likely continue when I nurse but they won't be as bad since I won't be in constant pain anymore. I'll be going every other week now for monitoring and to make sure the infection goes away.

I'm 32 weeks pregnant nursing a twenty month old. Recently I've been noticing that the unborn flips around like crazy every time I start nursing. It's not exactly painful, but it hurts (if that makes sense) It makes it hard to breathe and is extremely uncomfortable. I know at this point breastfeeding can (theoretically at least) cause contractions, but that's not what I'm feeling. It's just like the baby gets really hyper and active. Does anybody know why this is happening or what it's called? It's gotten worse in the past few days. Today after breakfast I sat down to nurse him and as soon as he latched on I had this sharp pain the length of my hand at the base of my baby bump. It was very painful. He nursed for a few minutes and then went to the other side and I had it again. It feels nothing like contractions so I don't think it's Braxton hicks but I have no idea why I'm having these terrible pains. The unborn flips around like a maniac afterwards and makes the sensitive area even more painful. I almost started crying today. Does anybody know why this is happening?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 11:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lifeforchrist
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 11:24 AM
5 moms liked this

sibling rivalry starts early lol

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Oct. 20, 2013 at 11:27 AM
Lol!!!

Quoting lifeforchrist:

polkaspots
by Gold Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 11:45 AM
That's what DH said the first time it happened lol

Quoting lifeforchrist:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Oct. 20, 2013 at 1:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Unborn babies tend to get more active in the last weeks when mom is holding still. And probably the production of oxytocin is adding to it.

darciegenito
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 1:14 PM

Awesome lol.

Quoting lifeforchrist:

polkaspots
by Gold Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 1:35 PM
That makes sense. It's just that there's this huge difference in activity between when I'm just sitting down and when I'm sitting and nursing. When I'm nursing the baby's movements are really uncomfortable borderline painful which just adds to the nursing aversions I've been dealing with for months.

Quoting gdiamante:

Unborn babies tend to get more active in the last weeks when mom is holding still. And probably the production of oxytocin is adding to it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
micheledo
by Bronze Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 2:05 PM

Ha!  I say sibling rivalry.

My little one would start kicking when I was nursing.  Like she was trying to kick her little brother out of my lap.  Get off.  That's MINE!!!

polkaspots
by Gold Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 2:10 PM
Ds doesn't sit on my lap when he nurses, he sits next to me so there's no pressure on the unborn. It wasn't intentional, that's just how he's always nursed.

Quoting micheledo:

Ha!  I say sibling rivalry.

My little one would start kicking when I was nursing.  Like she was trying to kick her little brother out of my lap.  Get off.  That's MINE!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
polkaspots
by Gold Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 11:12 AM
Bump for unfortunate update
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
polkaspots
by Gold Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 7:14 PM

Mobile Photo

He's been very unhappy with me today since I haven't been nursing him...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN