Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Ugh going back to work :( have some ?s

Posted by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 3:52 PM
  • 20 Replies
So going back to work tomorrow :(
I will be pumping while I'm there. I have plenty of frozen stash (over 75 4+oz bags) oh and baby girl is 2months old tomorrow too.

My plan is to use my beginning stash and freeze what I pump is this a good idea?? Should I just give her what I pump?

Also she had some frozen BM the other day when I was gone and my DH said she didn't seem to like it, some one told me to try mixing some fresh with the frozen, is that ok to do??

by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 3:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hello_kitty25
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 3:54 PM
I did the first in, first out. The oldest milk (frozen) went first. The bottle warmer was perfect. Also we set the bags in hot water to defrost. My Dh did it for months! I never mixed.
audmom1218
by Silver Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 4:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Freshest is best. This is what I would do;
Monday send the oldest pumped milk. Tuesday send what you pumped Monday, wed, what you pumped Tuesday, etc. Friday freeze what you pumped. Hope this helps.
stepconfused182
by Kelley on Oct. 20, 2013 at 4:30 PM
Always use your freshest milk. It has all the good stuff in it. Bottles no larger than 3oz at a time. Do you know the 1-1.25oz per hr of separation rule?
Lindsey1112
by Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 4:58 PM
My plan was using the frozen stuff up with the oldest then freeze what I pump that day.
Thanks

Quoting hello_kitty25:

I did the first in, first out. The oldest milk (frozen) went first. The bottle warmer was perfect. Also we set the bags in hot water to defrost. My Dh did it for months! I never mixed.

Lindsey1112
by Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 5:00 PM
My plan was to use my oldest frozen stuff then freeze what I pump that day. But u think I should not use any frozen? I don't want my frozen supply to get to old.
What about mixing like an ounce of dreh with 2oz of frozen can I do that?

Quoting audmom1218:

Freshest is best. This is what I would do;

Monday send the oldest pumped milk. Tuesday send what you pumped Monday, wed, what you pumped Tuesday, etc. Friday freeze what you pumped. Hope this helps.

Lindsey1112
by Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 5:02 PM
So not use any frozen? My plan was only 3 oz bottles she doesn't seem to drink more then that.

Quoting stepconfused182:

Always use your freshest milk. It has all the good stuff in it. Bottles no larger than 3oz at a time. Do you know the 1-1.25oz per hr of separation rule?

Kathy489
by Bronze Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 5:10 PM

From your post:

"Also she had some frozen BM the other day when I was gone and my DH said she didn't seem to like it"

Was this milk thoroughly warmed, or was it still a little cold? And could it be that she is still getting used to the bottle, or has she had bottles all along?

Lindsey1112
by Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 5:15 PM
She's had bottles before my DH warms them up in warm water.

Quoting Kathy489:

From your post:

"Also she had some frozen BM the other day when I was gone and my DH said she didn't seem to like it"

Was this milk thoroughly warmed, or was it still a little cold? And could it be that she is still getting used to the bottle, or has she had bottles all along?

terpmama
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 5:18 PM
1 mom liked this

First in, first out.... Use the frozen stuff first. 

polkaspots
by Gold Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 5:27 PM
I would use the frozen stuff first as well, but I don't understand why you have so much saved up. Fresh milk is healthier, but I wouldn't want the frozen stuff to go to waste either.
You could consider donating since you have so much extra milk that you don't need. The way you're going you'll be using frozen milk until you stop pumping at work because it's a constant cycle of use frozen milk, freeze what you pump, use frozen milk...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN