Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you get irritated and easily upset when you're full?

Posted by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 2:59 PM
  • 16 Replies
I fed my baby at 7am before we both headed off for daycare and school. At my lunch (11am) I pumped. Now it's 3pm and I won't be home to pump for another three hours. I wish I'd bought the six batteries my pump needs!!! I'm full, my breasts are misshapen and hard as rocks. They've been squirting endlessly for five minutes now and my nipples are aching. My bra's soaked and I'm so annoyed I could shoot my orthodontist, who's taking their time to finish my damn brace-tightening.. And the anger disappears and I feel overwhelmed and I just wanna scream and cry at the same time. I'd give anything to relieve some stress and cuddle my beautiful sweet girl as she suckles or even viciously gulps, I don't care! :( Then I feel dispair for all the breastmilk I could be feeding or saving for my daughter that is soaking into my bra lol.
Anybody else get upset or irritated when you're waaayy overly full?

SerenityLilypie First Birthday tickersNikohl

by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 2:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Terpsichore
by Bronze Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 3:21 PM

Yup. I mean, besides being uncomfortable, there's hormones at play, hormones that say, "You have a baby that needs feeding, why are you not feeding your baby, where is your baby?!"

Getting milk on my clothes stresses me out.

PooBearr
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:43 AM
Quoting Terpsichore:

Yup. I mean, besides being uncomfortable, there's hormones at play, hormones that say, "You have a baby that needs feeding, why are you not feeding your baby, where is your baby?!"

Getting milk on my clothes stresses me out.

EXACTLY!! Haha I start to feel anxious or panicky too even tho it isnt all that serious xD. And I hate milk dripping thru @school cuz its emberassing and I have to wait until the end of the school day to do anythign about it!! and I hate how it gets everywhere AND STICKS LIKE GLUE!! At night I get mad and just strip lol. Nobody told me it was so messy/sticky!

Terpsichore
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Do you use cloth or disposable breast pads?

littlecheifsmom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 2:30 AM
Yes. I too get anxiety when a feed is missed or I leak.
As long as I'm nursing I'm like this. It doesn't matter how old baby/toddler is. Boobs get very irritated or itchy. It's quite annoying.
Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Oct. 27, 2013 at 3:00 AM
All the time and I get nervous about clogged ducts, mastitis and abscesses, been there, done that....it stresses me out so badly!
villagemamma
by Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 3:04 AM

i get panicky and antsy. its so uncomfortable and i just want to get back to my baby

mrs-jt
by Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 4:37 AM
When I was at the hospital the first " fill" was day three my boobs were huge, hard as a rock, and hurt so bad. But my son has been w me every day since so fortunately I haven't had to deal w that again.
PooBearr
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 12:32 PM
Quoting Terpsichore:

My mom says breastpads are ridiculously priced, so she refuses to buy them. I just stuff my bra with a few layers of paper towels whenever needed. It just sucks because I hate my breasts being misshapen and rock hard (not to mention squirting)!!!!

RVTMommy
by Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:10 PM
1 mom liked this
You could get washable pads, they don't work as well as disposables but at least it's not a recurring expense and they're better than paper towels.
As far as your op, yes I get very anxious/antsy when my body knows it's feeding time but baby isn't eating, whether I'm at work or at the store, whatever. It's a very restless feeling and I also HATE wasting milk

Quoting PooBearr:

Quoting Terpsichore:

My mom says breastpads are ridiculously priced, so she refuses to buy them. I just stuff my bra with a few layers of paper towels whenever needed. It just sucks because I hate my breasts being misshapen and rock hard (not to mention squirting)!!!!

Terpsichore
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:41 PM

Breastpads and diapers are both expensive, can't disagree there. I buy disposable breastpads because of just how stressed out I get about leaking, though I understand it's different when you don't have $. I leak through cloth pads even when I double up. Still, I'd rather have cloth pads than nothing.

I cloth diaper during the day. I hope your mom at least sprang for decent cloth diapers or, if she has the know-how like my mother, made some.

Quoting PooBearr:

Quoting Terpsichore:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)