Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what did let down feel like for you?

Posted by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:04 PM
  • 54 Replies
I don't know what to look for...

I know when I nurse her its a steady stream and she has to bite me to stop the flow or she will drown

Featured post! Whoot!!
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:12 PM
1 mom liked this
You have OAL. Try nursing with baby positioned above your breast, like slouching in a chair. For me letdown felt like a tingley cold chill.
Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Ihave been nursing for 26 months, and am now nursing my 4 week old along with my toddler and I hav always had oversupply, to this day I have yet to feel a letdown. No need to look for letdown. :-)

polkaspots
by Gold Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:19 PM
That's over active let down. I never had that after the first few days of milk. I stopped feeling letdown after that and I'm still nursing him 20 months later.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
keikoness
by Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:20 PM
My oversupply has calmed down quite a bit but no such luck with oal. Hoping if I know what to look for I can pump while she sleeps to get a good size stash so I can have mommy day on my birthday.

Quoting Cruz-s-mommy:

Ihave been nursing for 26 months, and am now nursing my 4 week old along with my toddler and I hav always had oversupply, to this day I have yet to feel a letdown. No need to look for letdown. :-)

keikoness
by Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:23 PM
She will be 4 weeks old Tuesday. She's not choking anymore which is a plus but still I spray her in the face sometimes

Quoting polkaspots:

That's over active let down. I never had that after the first few days of milk. I stopped feeling letdown after that and I'm still nursing him 20 months later.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:32 PM

For me it was a pinch and then a burning type feeling

Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:34 PM

Lol, well ignore what I said, I have had oversupply and OAL since DS1 was born, and now they're BOTH nursing 24/7, my breasts keep leaking everywhere and I soak through 3 layers: padded bra, shirt and sweater.

Quoting keikoness:

My oversupply has calmed down quite a bit but no such luck with oal. Hoping if I know what to look for I can pump while she sleeps to get a good size stash so I can have mommy day on my birthday.

Quoting Cruz-s-mommy:

polkaspots
by Gold Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:35 PM
1 mom liked this
It's good that your oal has gotten better. I don't know of any ways to help though. Sorry.

Quoting keikoness:

She will be 4 weeks old Tuesday. She's not choking anymore which is a plus but still I spray her in the face sometimes

Quoting polkaspots:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
keikoness
by Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:51 PM
Does it start in your breast and move to your nipple because I though I had thrush but I don't. Curious what this is.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

For me it was a pinch and then a burning type feeling

GodsAmiga
by Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:56 PM
1 mom liked this

For me letdown is kind of a burning tingling feeling. It starts towards the top area of my breasts and then moves down as the milk flows down.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)