Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

what did let down feel like for you?

Posted by   + Show Post
I don't know what to look for...

I know when I nurse her its a steady stream and she has to bite me to stop the flow or she will drown

Featured post! Whoot!!
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:04 PM
Replies (21-30):
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Oct. 25, 2013 at 9:17 PM
Thatd how it feels for me at times too, sometimes nothing and sometimes pulling/tugging.

Quoting theresa13183:

i seem to have overactive letdown and to me it feels like a pressure/squeezing inside my breast...kind of feels like how i imagine a balloon would feel if it got too much air....and i only know that that is my letdown because either during or after the boob i am nit nursing in will leak

levansbx
by Bronze Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 10:56 PM
Painful cramping radiating inward. It would only last several seconds.
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:40 AM

Quoting keikoness:

when daddy feeds her she will eat 4-5 oz per feeding and eats every few hours.
Daddy's overfeeding. Bottles of three ounces, fed with slowest nipple forever, bottle held parallel to the floor and baby is burped every every ounce. And these are all forever numbers.
Not only for mommy day but I want to have an emergency stash in case something happens like getting super sick or emergency surgery. Better safe than sorry. I really don't want her to ever have formula.
Teach dad not to overfeed and you'll never have to worry about formula. Right now he's overfeeding and THAT is your greatest risk for using formula.
keikoness
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:50 AM
How do I bring it up with daddy because this isn't his first child but its my first.

When I say something like "make sure the carseat clips in cause sometimes it doesn't veryeasily" he will say" you gotta remember this isn't my first rodeo"

Quoting gdiamante:

Quoting keikoness:

when daddy feeds her she will eat 4-5 oz per feeding and eats every few hours.
Daddy's overfeeding. Bottles of three ounces, fed with slowest nipple forever, bottle held parallel to the floor and baby is burped every every ounce. And these are all forever numbers.
Not only for mommy day but I want to have an emergency stash in case something happens like getting super sick or emergency surgery. Better safe than sorry. I really don't want her to ever have formula.
Teach dad not to overfeed and you'll never have to worry about formula. Right now he's overfeeding and THAT is your greatest risk for using formula.

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:53 AM

EVERY time a new baby is born, it's the parent's first rodeo. I don't care if he fathered 40 children before. This is a NEW baby and things happen differently every single time. 

Tell him do it your way or it'll be his LAST rodeo. I'll loan you the rusty knife to ensure it.

(I have no patience for Y Chromosome Defect. Sorry.)

Quoting keikoness:

How do I bring it up with daddy because this isn't his first child but its my first.

When I say something like "make sure the carseat clips in cause sometimes it doesn't veryeasily" he will say" you gotta remember this isn't my first rodeo"

keikoness
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:58 AM
She is completely different from his son. For one, his son never cried/cries. Emily-Ann cries alot. Too hot, too cold, hungry, overeating, gas, poop, pee, wanting to be held, losing the pacifier, blankets not comfy enough, wants someone else to hold her, the list goes on. Sometimes there are tears, sometimes she just screams.

Quoting gdiamante:

EVERY time a new baby is born, it's the parent's first rodeo. I don't care if he fathered 40 children before. This is a NEW baby and things happen differently every single time. 

Tell him do it your way or it'll be his LAST rodeo. I'll loan you the rusty knife to ensure it.

Quoting keikoness:

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:40 AM

Heh heh.. Sounds like a DADDY problem! **grin** He'll figure his way out, but the way out should not include stuffing her insensate. Soon enough she'll be very happy with him. (You might check his after shave, though! Sometimes the littlest things cause problems!)

Quoting keikoness:

She is completely different from his son. For one, his son never cried/cries. Emily-Ann cries alot. Too hot, too cold, hungry, overeating, gas, poop, pee, wanting to be held, losing the pacifier, blankets not comfy enough, wants someone else to hold her, the list goes on. Sometimes there are tears, sometimes she just screams.

Quoting gdiamante:

Quoting keikoness:

KayelynnsMama
by Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:41 AM

It HURTS.

keikoness
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:56 AM
definitely not aftershave. He doesn't wear any. I have no idea what it could be.

Quoting gdiamante:

Heh heh.. Sounds like a DADDY problem! **grin** He'll figure his way out, but the way out should not include stuffing her insensate. Soon enough she'll be very happy with him. (You might check his after shave, though! Sometimes the littlest things cause problems!)

Quoting keikoness:

Quoting gdiamante:

Quoting keikoness:

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Oct. 26, 2013 at 11:30 AM
Was his other kid breastfed or bottle fed? Give him the kellymom article about bottle feeding the breastfed baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN