Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

what did let down feel like for you?

Posted by   + Show Post
I don't know what to look for...

I know when I nurse her its a steady stream and she has to bite me to stop the flow or she will drown

Featured post! Whoot!!
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:04 PM
Replies (41-50):
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:38 PM
The pumping made it worse. Reduce the length of your pump sessions until you no longer feel the need. If you want to continue pumping for a small stash, pump one side during the first feeding of the day occasionally.

Quoting keikoness:

My supply is regulating. The only time I have to pump is first thing in the morning before she wakes up. Before I was pumping several times a day getting 5+ oz each side. Now when I pump I only get 3 oz max each side.

Quoting aehanrahan:

I never felt mine while feeding either. It eventually went away, probably around the same time when my supply regulated. I don't completely remember since my boys are 12 & almost 6. 😉

Quoting keikoness:

I don't feel it when she is eating. Only everytime she cries. And every hour almost.

Quoting darciegenito:

I have OAL and have to hand express a little before I feed the baby for the same reason. She chokes or backs up and I spray her and it was causing REALLY BAD GAS and she spits up more than normal.

My let down feeling hurts! It's like an electrocuting/stinging type feeling. I don't always feel it when she's nursing. Sometimes I'll feel it after two or 3 hours if she hasn't eaten.

Quoting keikoness:

She will be 4 weeks old Tuesday. She's not choking anymore which is a plus but still I spray her in the face sometimes

Quoting polkaspots:

That's over active let down. I never had that after the first few days of milk. I stopped feeling letdown after that and I'm still nursing him 20 months later.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
keikoness
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:47 PM
She sleeps all night. I feel like I need to pump so my supply won't dimish.

Quoting aehanrahan:

The pumping made it worse. Reduce the length of your pump sessions until you no longer feel the need. If you want to continue pumping for a small stash, pump one side during the first feeding of the day occasionally.

Quoting keikoness:

My supply is regulating. The only time I have to pump is first thing in the morning before she wakes up. Before I was pumping several times a day getting 5+ oz each side. Now when I pump I only get 3 oz max each side.

Quoting aehanrahan:

I never felt mine while feeding either. It eventually went away, probably around the same time when my supply regulated. I don't completely remember since my boys are 12 & almost 6. 😉

Quoting keikoness:

I don't feel it when she is eating. Only everytime she cries. And every hour almost.

Quoting darciegenito:

I have OAL and have to hand express a little before I feed the baby for the same reason. She chokes or backs up and I spray her and it was causing REALLY BAD GAS and she spits up more than normal.

My let down feeling hurts! It's like an electrocuting/stinging type feeling. I don't always feel it when she's nursing. Sometimes I'll feel it after two or 3 hours if she hasn't eaten.

Quoting keikoness:

She will be 4 weeks old Tuesday. She's not choking anymore which is a plus but still I spray her in the face sometimes

Quoting polkaspots:

That's over active let down. I never had that after the first few days of milk. I stopped feeling letdown after that and I'm still nursing him 20 months later.

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:04 PM
If you're nursing on demand, your supply will be fine. It adjusts to her demand. You make milk while she nurses.

Quoting keikoness:

Quoting aehanrahan:

Quoting keikoness:

Quoting aehanrahan:

Quoting keikoness:

Quoting darciegenito:

Quoting keikoness:

Quoting polkaspots:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
keikoness
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:07 PM
I didn't know that. Wow. Its amazing what our bodies can do!

Quoting aehanrahan:

If you're nursing on demand, your supply will be fine. It adjusts to her demand. You make milk while she nurses.

Quoting keikoness:

Quoting aehanrahan:

Quoting keikoness:

Quoting aehanrahan:

Quoting keikoness:

Quoting darciegenito:

Quoting keikoness:

Quoting polkaspots:

darciegenito
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:08 PM
Yeah that's normal. Letdown can happen when baby cries (because it tells your body hour baby needs milk), every few hours around feeding time (body gets used to schedule) and when baby sucks because the sucking is what tells your body to feed. It's amazing really haha.

Quoting keikoness:

Quoting darciegenito:

Quoting keikoness:

Quoting polkaspots:

darciegenito
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:10 PM
1 mom liked this
It really is. Did you know if you were to have a premature baby, your body would know and automatically produces a certain type of colostrum/mix to help your baby? I found that out from a lactation consultant at a breastfeeding class.

Quoting keikoness:

I didn't know that. Wow. Its amazing what our bodies can do!

Quoting aehanrahan:

Quoting keikoness:

Quoting aehanrahan:

Quoting keikoness:

Quoting aehanrahan:

Quoting keikoness:

Quoting darciegenito:

Quoting keikoness:

Quoting polkaspots:

mrsbrand
by Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:13 PM
I have painful letdown, it feels like a charlie horse deep in my breast for about 30-45 seconds. some people never feel let down though.
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:14 PM
Yep, our bodies are quite amazing!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PolishMamma2
by Marta on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:17 PM
You know how when your arm falls asleep, & then you get the pins & needle pricks, or tingling? That's what mine felt like. But I had OAL. I stopped feeling it a few months in. Try leaning back or laying down to nurse.
Momof5kids84
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 3:38 PM
Same

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

You have OAL. Try nursing with baby positioned above your breast, like slouching in a chair. For me letdown felt like a tingley cold chill.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN