Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

what did let down feel like for you?

Posted by   + Show Post
I don't know what to look for...

I know when I nurse her its a steady stream and she has to bite me to stop the flow or she will drown

Featured post! Whoot!!
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:04 PM
Replies (51-54):
PooBearr
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this
You'll know. Took me like two months to recognize the feeling, and everything I read said let down would happen around the ten minute mark and it'd feel tingly, but for me? I let down (when feeding) after less than 3 minutes. When pumping, let down is later though. Anyway, for me sometimes let down just feels like this huge pain relief, like it releases the feel good hormone so I'm like "Aaaaaahhh" like when you really have to pee and you finally do. When I'm too full let down feels like this terrible kind of painful pressure for a second, and then just feels like...well, like milk squirting out. Can't think of anything like it haha! Pumping though, let down always feels like a weight pushing on the inside of my nipples until like the third suck in.
sassygoddess
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:12 PM

To me it always was kind of painful...felt a little like a bunch of needles shooting out...

LilliesValley
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 2:46 PM
Electricity or tingling. I don't always feel it though. I usually have a big sense of calm afterwards, like a mini high.
CelticMamabc
by Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:52 PM
I have never felt my let downs...NEVER... I know it's happening because my babies start to gulp at a faster more rhythmic pace... It's not uncommon to not feel your let down I just know from my babies cues... I breastfed my daughter until she was 2 1/2 and I am still breastfeeding my son he is 16 months old. Both my little ones are thriving so I know they are getting what they need but it's been with out a sensation for me... Trust me you will know, it's different for every woman some women feel a pinch, some a burning feeling, others it's flat out painful, and for women like myself they feel little to nothing at all.

happy halloweenfamily car

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)