Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Starbucks?

Posted by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 8:38 AM
  • 33 Replies
I want a latte soo bad! How awful would the caffeine be just this once?
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 8:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
valrubio
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 8:41 AM
I have drank coffee during pregnancy and while breastfeeding. Not daily but occasionally. I never had a problem with it. It didn't seem to bother my baby.
Rae706
by Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 8:44 AM
I am so happy you said that. (:

Quoting valrubio:

I have drank coffee during pregnancy and while breastfeeding. Not daily but occasionally. I never had a problem with it. It didn't seem to bother my baby.

MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Oct. 25, 2013 at 8:45 AM
It's only bad if baby has adverse side affects which you'll never know until you try. Aiden sleeps better at night if I don't drink coffee so I try to stay away.
valrubio
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 8:46 AM
You could try it once and see how your baby does. I bet the baby will be fine. Just start with a smaller latte.

Quoting Rae706:

I am so happy you said that. (:

Quoting valrubio:

shortyali
by Alicia on Oct. 25, 2013 at 9:00 AM
I drink 2-3 cups (DH calls them gallon mugs cause they are the bigger cups) of coffee a day. Just make sure to drink enough water to compensate. The first 4-6 months no coffee after 3pm for me because DS2 would be up all night. Now that he's over 11 months I can pretty much drink whenever I want and he's fine.
ILoveMyFam
by Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 9:04 AM
I went to Starbucks almost daily while pregnant after the first trimester. I had an aversion to coffee the first 3mo of pregnancy. My little one is perfectly healthy and wonderful!
ILoveMyFam
by Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 9:05 AM
Whoops, and while breastfeeding, noticed nothing in my baby. Just drank lots of water!

Quoting ILoveMyFam:

I went to Starbucks almost daily while pregnant after the first trimester. I had an aversion to coffee the first 3mo of pregnancy. My little one is perfectly healthy and wonderful!
Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 9:13 AM

I drink coffee and breastfeeding.  I just get decaf. My favorite right now is Decaf pumpkin spice latte!

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

stepconfused182
by Kelley on Oct. 25, 2013 at 9:32 AM

There's no reason to avoid caffeine while breastfeeding unless you notice it causes irritability and restlessness in your baby. I was able to drink my coffee just as I did before and during pregnancy with no issues.

mama-smurf
by Felisha on Oct. 25, 2013 at 9:36 AM
I stopped drinking pop because Autumn became extremely energetic lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN