Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms
I want a latte soo bad! How awful would the caffeine be just this once?
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 8:38 AM
Replies (11-20):
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Oct. 25, 2013 at 9:56 AM

Go have your latte. You may have a latte a day. Or more. Caffeine is ONLY bad if baby reacts. Many babies NEVER react.

All the pregnancy restrictions flew out the window with the cutting of the cord. Deny yourself NOTHING unless baby reacts.

isaacsmommy68
by Bronze Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Love my coffee. You may get a caffeinehigh after though, if it has been a long time since you have had one. Baby will be fine. Just don't drink an entire pot of coffee everyday. lol

Allisonc7910
by Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 11:13 AM

I drink 2 cups and baby sleeps all day and night. 

mamabens
by Miranda on Oct. 25, 2013 at 11:54 AM

I drink coffee daily and I'm nursing my 3 month old...

Jenalex04
by Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 1:18 PM
I drink coffee every day too. I have since the second trimester so he's used to it. 1 to 2 cups in the morning only for me.
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Oct. 25, 2013 at 3:51 PM
Yep, this!
I limited my coffee intake during pregnancy, but went back to my normal after having the baby. My boys were never affected by caffeine in my diet. Thank goodness! 😉

Quoting stepconfused182:

There's no reason to avoid caffeine while breastfeeding unless you notice it causes irritability and restlessness in your baby. I was able to drink my coffee just as I did before and during pregnancy with no issues.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Oct. 25, 2013 at 3:53 PM
I drink about half a pot. 😉

Quoting isaacsmommy68:

Love my coffee. You may get a caffeinehigh after though, if it has been a long time since you have had one. Baby will be fine. Just don't drink an entire pot of coffee everyday. lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
isaacsmommy68
by Bronze Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 3:57 PM

You are like my husband. He works in a coffee shop. He bought us a Kureg (spelling?), now I am addicted! I cannot drink that much. Maybe 3 cups a day. It is so easy to put the little pod in and push a button, and a fresh cup of coffee is made in 10 seconds.

Quoting aehanrahan:

I drink about half a pot. 😉

Quoting isaacsmommy68:

Rae706
by Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 4:24 PM
Baby did just fine. Now I'm kind of sad I've gone about a year without my coffee thinking it wasn't good for him. Oh well, I'm back!!! Lol
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Oct. 25, 2013 at 5:13 PM
Its fine in moderation
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)