Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

im on pain BADLY IT HURTS

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 7:49 AM
  • 41 Replies
In in pain. My left breast hurts. I woke up to it hurting. middle of night (i bed share) my daughter woke up to eat. I nursed her and noticed it hurt big time. I felt my breast and there's a hard lump that hurts. Its not red. Any ideas? I don't have a pump so i have to nurse. theres white on top of my nipple thats stuck on it. I cant wipe it away. I have a pic but i dont wanna post it here.
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 7:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bupkie
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 7:52 AM

Sorry momma!   It sounds like "Thrush"    

Time to call the Pediatrician.    http://www.babycenter.com/0_thrush-in-breastfeeding-moms_8486.bc 

stepconfused182
by Kelley on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:09 AM
3 moms liked this
It's a clogged duct and sounds like you have a milk blister. Put Autumn on the breast as much as you can and massage the hard area. Put a warm compress on it or take a hot shower when she isn't nursing. Try to open up the milk blister by holding a warm washcloth on it and then scraping it with your fingernail.
mama-smurf
by Felisha on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:11 AM
Its not thrush. I had thrush before.

Quoting bupkie:

Sorry momma!   It sounds like "Thrush"    

Time to call the Pediatrician.    http://www.babycenter.com/0_thrush-in-breastfeeding-moms_8486.bc 

kman88
by Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:12 AM

i have no experience with thrush but have heard it causes the white spots. although i have had a clogged milk duct. my breast hurt and there was a lump...i took a long hot shower and massaged it 

mama-smurf
by Felisha on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:13 AM
I tried taking a hot shower. Omg can you say pain?! The lump moves, it doesn't stay on the side. Its down in the breast

Quoting stepconfused182:

It's a clogged duct and sounds like you have a milk blister. Put Autumn on the breast as much as you can and massage the hard area. Put a warm compress on it or take a hot shower when she isn't nursing. Try to open up the milk blister by holding a warm washcloth on it and then scraping it with your fingernail.

mama-smurf
by Felisha on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:14 AM
Thrush doesn't hurt. It itches. She had thrush before and her mouth and tongue was coated white

Quoting kman88:

i have no experience with thrush but have heard it causes the white spots. although i have had a clogged milk duct. my breast hurt and there was a lump...i took a long hot shower and massaged it 

stepconfused182
by Kelley on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:15 AM
Oh yea they hurt bad. Don't expect it to unclog immediately..it may take a day or 2.
Try dangle nursing too and don't let her go too long without nursing. I know you just posted that she isnt wanting to nurse as much recently. That's what caused this I'm sure since it was such a big change so fast.

Quoting mama-smurf:

I tried taking a hot shower. Omg can you say pain?! The lump moves, it doesn't stay on the side. Its down in the breast

Quoting stepconfused182:

Baby_Avas_Momma
by Gold Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Nurse nurse nurse!! Wet a wash cloth with hot water and massage the lump with it. Get on all fours and dangle feed (have her under you, gravity will help pull the clog down). I've had TONS of clogs, and hand expression with alternating massaging is what has always worked best. Get that milk blister popped and you should be able to get unclogged. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama-smurf
by Felisha on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:29 AM
Oh ill fight through the pain. It hurts bad but I'm not going to Deny her eating especially since i don't want to become engorged and make it worse. I just wish that white dot wasn't ontop of my nipple. Im ready to chop my nipple off if i wasnt using it. It doesn't make it better that Autue likes to pinch my nipple too.

Quoting stepconfused182:

Oh yea they hurt bad. Don't expect it to unclog immediately..it may take a day or 2.

Try dangle nursing too and don't let her go too long without nursing. I know you just posted that she isnt wanting to nurse as much recently. That's what caused this I'm sure since it was such a big change so fast.

Quoting mama-smurf:

Quoting stepconfused182:

mama-smurf
by Felisha on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:32 AM
Thanks i tried hand expressing in shower but nothing came out. Might be stress though. I bet Autumn can get it out more effectively. Ill lay on floor and dangle feed her.

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Nurse nurse nurse!! Wet a wash cloth with hot water and massage the lump with it. Get on all fours and dangle feed (have her under you, gravity will help pull the clog down). I've had TONS of clogs, and hand expression with alternating massaging is what has always worked best. Get that milk blister popped and you should be able to get unclogged. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN