Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help! ASAP please

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:20 AM
  • 5 Replies
So been bf for 2 months all going well but since yesterday my left breast hurts SO bad!!!!
The other night baby girl slept all night and I slept through pumping well I pumped when I got up and feed baby girl. But it's just been extremely sore since.
This morning when she ate it hurt alittle and I pumped alittle after to see if that would help but no.
I have tried ice and that didn't help. My milk just came in again and it was so painful I was in tears.

What can I do??? HELP!!
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Amberleigh81
by Silver Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:21 AM
Take a hot shower and hand express in the water.
Lindsey1112
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:23 AM
Going to try now thanks

Quoting Amberleigh81:

Take a hot shower and hand express in the water.

Emadele
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:24 AM
Hot compress. Hand express. Nurse baby as much as she'll take. Sounds like a blocked duct. Try to find it and massage it toward the nipple.

Married to Russell (7/27/09), Momma to Haydn (5/27/10) and Donavyn (8/1/12).
Kansasnewmom
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:18 AM
Try to find the point where it hurts the most and keep putting pressure on it or massage it. That + heat helped me when I slept through a night because I was exhausted and baby didn't wake up for feeding.
ididntdoit111
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Yup a couple moms have said it, nurese and warm compresses. I know it hurts but nursing IS the best thing for you.

I got mastitis after the birth of my last two sons and it was horrible. Look for a red streak or mark near the sore area. Mine got so bad I was hospitilized both times for a week. (my doc is very careful about mastitis I don't know if they normally keep you) I was put on IV antibiotics and both times my boys stayed with me. They encouraged me to nurse often and although it hurt like crazy m after a couple days the pain eased.

Good Luck momma, KEEP NURSING! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)