Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Oversupply and tandem nursing

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:50 PM
  • 3 Replies
Did you have oversupply issues when tandeming? I have always had pretty bad oversupply and was able to tame it with 12+ hour blocks. Im not really sure how to tame it with two nursing. Toddler wants to nurse pretty frequently and I am letting her because I'm 4 days pp and I dont want to deal with meltdowns.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
micheledo
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:02 PM

I wouldn't worry about it at first.  In fact, having a nursing toddler is great for the oversupply and being engorged.  :)  

The toddler is probably enjoying the milk and will back off in a few weeks (maybe).  It took me a couple of months to regulate my supply while nursing two.

MusherMaggie
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:22 PM
Quoting micheledo:

I wouldn't worry about it at first.  In fact, having a nursing toddler is great for the oversupply and being engorged.  :)  

The toddler is probably enjoying the milk and will back off in a few weeks (maybe).  It took me a couple of months to regulate my supply while nursing two.

Ditto this. My son was able to catch the initial flow and soften the breast so baby sister wasn't overwhelmed by the flow and could get a good latch.

Margarett RBC Zavodnyteal ribbon

Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:23 PM
Lol, YES, but I have never been able to control my OS or OAL. And my 2 year old is nursing just as much, if not more than my newborn! My boobs leak everywhere day and night and I soak through LAYERS of clothing.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)