Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Cloth breast pads?

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 11:40 PM
  • 14 Replies

Who uses then? Where did you get them? I am blowing through disposables and would like to save money here. Do you make them or buy them? Pics.?

by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 11:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kelli81
by Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 12:22 AM
I have bamboobies and love them. I got them on Amazon. They have heart shaped thinner ones and really think round ones. I also have a pair of lilypadz that just stick on. They are kind of expensive but it's so nice not to have to wear a bra to bed which is when I wear them the most.
kelli81
by Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 12:29 AM

Mobile Photo

Heart shaped bamboobie on left. Also came with a hot pink pair and light pink pair and the round ones are bigger and blue. Lilypadz on right. One fell under my couch so I need to dig it out. I also go two pair of round cloth ones when I ordered my udder cover but I just leak through those. The bamboobies have a leak proof back and it works great.
norahsmommy
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 12:31 AM
I had some cotton cloth ones but I leaked right through in seconds. I've heard good things about the ones the pp has but I've never used them.
Radellia
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 12:38 AM
I haven't needed them personally, a friend uses the bamboobies and loves them!
staciaw
by Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:24 AM

Might be stupid question but how do they stick on? 

Quoting kelli81:

I have bamboobies and love them. I got them on Amazon. They have heart shaped thinner ones and really think round ones. I also have a pair of lilypadz that just stick on. They are kind of expensive but it's so nice not to have to wear a bra to bed which is when I wear them the most.

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:47 AM
1 mom liked this
The Lilly padz? I believe that they're silicone and stick to the skin.

Quoting staciaw:

Quoting kelli81:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kelli81
by Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:56 AM
They are sticky on one side. They sell wash but when reading reviews someone said they used Dawn so that's what I use. Wash with hot water, it will not feel sticky at all but when dries will be sticky again. Really cool. It will sometimes puddle a little milk in there but I just dump it in the sink, rinse off and stick it back on. Have leaked out a couple times too when I was still getting engorged at night.

Quoting staciaw:

Quoting kelli81:

mrs-jt
by Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:57 AM
I also blow through tons of the disposable ones too
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Oct. 27, 2013 at 2:02 AM
You have to be careful with these because they hold the milk against the breast and can lead to thrush.

Quoting kelli81:

They are sticky on one side. They sell wash but when reading reviews someone said they used Dawn so that's what I use. Wash with hot water, it will not feel sticky at all but when dries will be sticky again. Really cool. It will sometimes puddle a little milk in there but I just dump it in the sink, rinse off and stick it back on. Have leaked out a couple times too when I was still getting engorged at night.

Quoting staciaw:

Quoting kelli81:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kelli81
by Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 6:44 AM
That's another reason I only use them at night and not even every night. I pumped at 12 and now he woke at 5 probably b/c it is so cold in here and is nursing now so no problems. I don't usually pump at night but I am having surgery in 2 weeks so I need enough milk to last while he is with my mom.

Quoting aehanrahan:

You have to be careful with these because they hold the milk against the breast and can lead to thrush.

Quoting kelli81:

Quoting staciaw:

Quoting kelli81:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)