Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Seb is sick!

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:49 AM
  • 14 Replies
He woke up at 6 this am and vomited. Like, heaving...even after his tummy was empty. This happened 2 more times up until 9 when he wanted to nurse. He nursed quite a bit and was OK for about 45 mins until he emptied his tummy again, heaving until nothing was left. :( No fever, 1 solid poop.

I won't be giving him any solids today, just BM. Does this sound like a bug? He seems OK otherwise, playing up until about 5 mins before he vomits, is very lethargic for 10 mins after and then OK again. He's 9 months btw.

My 6 year old has never once vomited so this is new to me =\ What can I do to help him?
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
maggiemom2000
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:01 AM

Sounds like a virus. Poor little guy! 

Your plan is perfect, just nurse as much as he wants.

Now, how did you manage to go 6 years as a mom and never have to deal with puking kids!

bebe_ju-rah
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:23 AM
Lol I have no idea! My daughter never even spit up as a baby. Not once! I've seriously started thinking she may be incapable...

Thanks for the reassurance. Except for one quick sip of water after the last time he vomited he hasn't had anything but Bm. He actually just nursed again, here's to hoping it stays down. :(

Do you know if any would have been digested in the 45 mins he kept it down last time? Some, right?

Quoting maggiemom2000:

Now, how did you manage to go 6 years as a mom and never have to deal with puking kids!

Aandie
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:28 AM
I made it five years without having to deal with vomit!

Quoting maggiemom2000:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bebe_ju-rah
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:32 AM
Nursed at 11:15, threw up at 11:30 :(
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:46 AM
Yep sounds like a virus. Please keep and eye for dehydration. It can.happen really quick. My first got it when he was 10 months old. I tried everything to get him to keep down solids, by the next day he was so lethargic and dehydrated that i took him to the pediatrician and she said take him immediately to the ER. for fluids. He ended up staying over night woth IVs.
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:48 AM
Poor baby :( is he lethargic at all? Have you tried giving him just a tiny bit of milk with a spoon or syringe? He may be able to just a smaller bit down?

Quoting bebe_ju-rah:

maggiemom2000
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 12:40 PM

Even when he vomits right after letting go, some breastmilk was absorbed in his stomach. If he goes 45 min before vomiting then most of it has been digested.

Quoting bebe_ju-rah:

Lol I have no idea! My daughter never even spit up as a baby. Not once! I've seriously started thinking she may be incapable...

Thanks for the reassurance. Except for one quick sip of water after the last time he vomited he hasn't had anything but Bm. He actually just nursed again, here's to hoping it stays down. :(

Do you know if any would have been digested in the 45 mins he kept it down last time? Some, right?

Quoting maggiemom2000:

Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:08 PM
I agree! And Cruz has never spit up or vomited either, but he's only 2, I hope he makes it to 6 years! Coen does spit up though. Good luck, hope your LO is better soon! :-)

Quoting maggiemom2000:

micheledo
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 2:23 PM
Breastfeeding is the best thing for him!! I have never had to worry about dehydration when nursing a child. They always wanted to nurse even when they didn't want to sip o nanything AND enough breastmilk was absorbed to keep them hydrated. As long as he keeps nursing and it stays down a little, that is a good thing!

And expect the diaper count to go down! He should still have some wet ones, but with all the throwing up it probably won't be as many.
bebe_ju-rah
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 2:57 PM
Only right before and right after he vomits. He's playing otherwise.

He nurses twice since 1 and hasn't vomited again!

Quoting Precious333:

Poor baby :( is he lethargic at all? Have you tried giving him just a tiny bit of milk with a spoon or syringe? He may be able to just a smaller bit down?

Quoting bebe_ju-rah:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN