Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

breastfeeding and periods? probably tmi.

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:30 PM
  • 10 Replies
Curious, my son is 5 months old, 6 months in about 2 weeks, and I "think" I've had a period ? After the bleeding from birth stopped I had what I thought was a period a little while later, and I also got the nexplanon. I havnt bled since, I was expecting to around 3 months after the implant, but I'm still breatfeeding and I know that can delay the return of it. With the two of those things is it possible I had one and it just stopped, or could it have just been more after bleeding, it was weeks after I thought it had stopped.
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:36 PM

Periods are wonky when BFing no matter what ...

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:40 PM
When was the bleeding you thought might be a period?
siergomez
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:54 PM
About a month after I stopped bleeding. 3ish months after birth. I know it sounds off, but its been a while.
Quoting mostlymaydays:

When was the bleeding you thought might be a period?

siergomez
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:56 PM
Mine are in general... I've always been irregular but this is kinda wierding me out lol
Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Periods are wonky when BFing no matter what ...

TaralynnStewart
by Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:00 PM
I got my period once,3mths postpartum, and did not have another one. I found out I was pregnant again when my DD was 12mths :-0
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
siergomez
by Bronze Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 8:56 AM
That's actually what I'm kind of afraid of, even though we have been pretty "safe", I'm done with babies. One is all I wanted, or I think I could handle.
Quoting TaralynnStewart:

I got my period once,3mths postpartum, and did not have another one. I found out I was pregnant again when my DD was 12mths :-0

Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 9:55 AM

I had one period last month. My son is almost 11 months. i have had none since. I took a test and it was negative. My dr said my periods will be irregular while nursing.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

A.J.s_mommy
by Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 9:57 AM
I'm going into month 13 and I haven't had one.
samand2014
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 10:23 AM

My daughter is 5.5 months old and I found out recently that I am about 12 weeks pregnant. I was not aware that could happen because I also did not get a period! Breastfeeding does make periods irregular from what I have heard. 

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Oct. 28, 2013 at 11:06 AM
You caught the first egg. If you hadn't gotten pregnant, you were 2 weeks from your first period. It happens. The stars were aligned just so, and I guess it's meant to be!

Quoting samand2014:

My daughter is 5.5 months old and I found out recently that I am about 12 weeks pregnant. I was not aware that could happen because I also did not get a period! Breastfeeding does make periods irregular from what I have heard. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)