Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Sleepy 5-month-old latching on and pulling off, crying and sweating??

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:34 PM
  • 8 Replies
This has been happening for the past 2 or 3 months. It seems to be happening more often now though, like two times a week... Baby nurses to sleep at night. Tonight she's sweating a ton despite the cold and latching on then after two or less minutes she starts swinging her arm hitting me then pulls off and screams. As soon as I put the nipple back near her she tightly gets back on. She's been teething since 2-months-old. Could this be why? Or because she's not tired or overly tired or wants more milk??? What is the problem?! And what can I do to help? :(

SerenityLilypie First Birthday tickersNikohl

by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like teething and growth spurt actions to me

silver09
by New Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:19 PM

Reflux?

PooBearr
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:28 PM
I doubt reflux just because she doesn't do it enough for that to be the case. As for teething or growth spurts, I know she's constantly teething since 2 months but what can I do to help her sleep?! And not sure about growth spurts. Pretty sure you can't have them that often lol.
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:50 PM
Treat the teething pain. Did you ever have overactive letdown? The other thing that comes to mind is an ear infection, perhaps?
samand2014
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 10:27 AM

Are you feeding her while laying down or sitting up? 

Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Oct. 28, 2013 at 11:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Lol, a lot of us like to say the first year of baby's life is growth spurts. There is no limit on these. DS1 nursed every hour on the hour for the first 8 weeks of his life, that was a huge 8 week spurt! Lol. Treath the teething pain with hyland's teething or frozen breastmilk in a mesh feeder. I also agree with possible ear infection. Good luck mama!

Quoting PooBearr:

I doubt reflux just because she doesn't do it enough for that to be the case. As for teething or growth spurts, I know she's constantly teething since 2 months but what can I do to help her sleep?! And not sure about growth spurts. Pretty sure you can't have them that often lol.

Mrs.Becki
by Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 5:43 PM

My son did this when he had really bad teething pain.  I thought he had an ear infection because he would scream, and I tried to latch him and he would pull back too.  I took him in and he was healthy, just teething.  I gave him some tylonol and did the oragel and that helped.  It was very stressful not knowing though, so I feel for you.  

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Oct. 28, 2013 at 6:38 PM
Yep! I call the first months constant growth spurt mode because the spurts were WEEKLY with my second starting at one week.
Treat the teething pain before bed and with waking as needed.

Quoting Cruz-s-mommy:

Lol, a lot of us like to say the first year of baby's life is growth spurts. There is no limit on these. DS1 nursed every hour on the hour for the first 8 weeks of his life, that was a huge 8 week spurt! Lol. Treath the teething pain with hyland's teething or frozen breastmilk in a mesh feeder. I also agree with possible ear infection. Good luck mama!

Quoting PooBearr:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN