Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Not pumping anything! **added info**

Posted by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 4:09 PM
  • 26 Replies
I'm suddenly not producing anything when I pump at work! Help!

I use an Ameda purely yours. It's a year old but hasn't been used until my little one. All the parts are new. The motor part seems to work fine. I believe it fits right.

My lil one is 3 months. I had been pumping at work since 8 weeks. But just this last week y supervisor decided she didn't want me to pump. So now I can only pump at lunch and after 3.

I was producing fine until this. I look at pictures if him in my office when I pump.
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 4:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Oct. 28, 2013 at 4:49 PM
You can get a baby blanket, look at a picture while pumping. Maybe the suctions arent the right size? How old is your pump? Maybe you need a new one. Over time i know for me its harder to pump as baby gets older.
shortyali
by Alicia on Oct. 28, 2013 at 4:58 PM
What kind of pump? How old is your LO?
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Oct. 28, 2013 at 5:50 PM

WHat pump? have you checked them membranes? how old is baby?

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Oct. 28, 2013 at 6:46 PM
What they all said. ^^^
Have you tried doing massage and compressions?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Oct. 28, 2013 at 6:52 PM
I just thought of something else. How much is given while you're gone? How long are you gone?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Oct. 28, 2013 at 6:58 PM
Where do you work? The federal law states that you must get as much time to pump as needed! It can be unpaid time if it is outside of your regular breaks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
307mama
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 7:00 PM
I've been leaving 4 - 2.5 oz bottles at daycare. He eats 3 sometimes all 4. And I also do premie nipples on dr brown bottles and given them the print out of how to bottle feed a breastfed baby. He breastfeeds at home. He does great at daycare never been told it isn't enough. My dh on the other hand over feeds. Grr!

He is at daycare from 8 to 4. His last meal with me is at 7:30 am before going.

Quoting aehanrahan:

I just thought of something else. How much is given while you're gone? How long are you gone?

MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 7:01 PM
If your business has a certain number of employees, it falls under federal regulations and your employer has to let you pump.
307mama
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 7:02 PM
In Wyoming at an developmental preschool ( state ran) they were allowing me to pump at snack times but decided that two adults must be in the room and they won't provide me coverage.

Quoting aehanrahan:

Where do you work? The federal law states that you must get as much time to pump as needed! It can be unpaid time if it is outside of your regular breaks.

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Oct. 28, 2013 at 7:04 PM
1 mom liked this
How many total employees does the place have?

Quoting 307mama:

In Wyoming at an developmental preschool ( state ran) they were allowing me to pump at snack times but decided that two adults must be in the room and they won't provide me coverage.

Quoting aehanrahan:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN