Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

I had an emotional breakdown

Posted by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 11:32 AM
  • 11 Replies
I'm hoping it's related to the pregnancy hormones. It seems every time my little one and/or niece cries, I do too.
I don't typically have anxiety but I feel like I've been having little panic attacks. And now my baby is on a nursing strike. I thought about going for a walk and getting some sunlight but I just keep getting really emotional.
Anyone else feel a little crazy while pregnant?
by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 11:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Nov. 2, 2013 at 12:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes mama, i have been..sunlight and mommy time will help. Also take b vitamins.
thriftymom35
by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 4:16 PM

I heard from somewhere that sometimes when you get pregnant it causes the older child to stop nursing, don't know if its true.....just a few people have said its happened to them.  Hope it's not that and just a strike....

Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Nov. 2, 2013 at 4:26 PM
It is true that pregnancy can cause a dip or even diminish your supply. OP, I believe I remember reading that your LO is about 5 months old, if so it is very likely that supplements may become necessary. Look into mother love milk 2, and possibly on HM4HB or eats on feets for donor milk if you are trying to avoid formula. Congrats on your pregnancy. :-)

Quoting thriftymom35:

I heard from somewhere that sometimes when you get pregnant it causes the older child to stop nursing, don't know if its true.....just a few people have said its happened to them.  Hope it's not that and just a strike....

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Nov. 2, 2013 at 7:17 PM
Yes, the pregnancy hormones can make you crazy. Getting sunlight will definitely help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LHummel
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 6:42 AM

OMG when I was pregnant I can't even tell you how much I cried. My cat was being horrible one day and meowing so much I cried. LOL. My husband used to jump out from behind corners and doors to scare me before being pregnant, he did it only once when I was pregnant and learned his lesson because I burst into tears. B vitamins can help. :) A friend of mine is going trough her first pregnancy and keeps saying to me "I keep crying, is this normal?" I keep assuring her it is. 

samand2014
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 8:31 AM
I stayed in bed most of yesterday and watched movies and cried, movies that aren't even sad lol. I think I am already feeling better today. My daughter decided this morning that strike is over. I have some vitamins to take and I think today I will get out of bed!
My sister is back from a work trip and is planning on coming by today. She usually makes me feel so much better.
Did your cat ever apologize for making you cry?

Quoting LHummel:

OMG when I was pregnant I can't even tell you how much I cried. My cat was being horrible one day and meowing so much I cried. LOL. My husband used to jump out from behind corners and doors to scare me before being pregnant, he did it only once when I was pregnant and learned his lesson because I burst into tears. B vitamins can help. :) A friend of mine is going trough her first pregnancy and keeps saying to me "I keep crying, is this normal?" I keep assuring her it is. 

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Nov. 3, 2013 at 12:11 PM

I am concerned about this too momma...

Quoting Cruz-s-mommy:

It is true that pregnancy can cause a dip or even diminish your supply. OP, I believe I remember reading that your LO is about 5 months old, if so it is very likely that supplements may become necessary. Look into mother love milk 2, and possibly on HM4HB or eats on feets for donor milk if you are trying to avoid formula. Congrats on your pregnancy. :-)

Quoting thriftymom35:

samand2014
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 12:15 PM

I have actually had an increase in supply recently. I have had to pump a lot. 

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

I am concerned about this too momma...

Quoting Cruz-s-mommy:

Quoting thriftymom35:

ednaamelia
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 2:45 PM
Relating to the strike...I have also read pregnancy may change the taste of bm. Weird huh? Glad her strike is over, and your sister is stoping by. I know my sissy always makes me feel better. :)
samand2014
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 3:05 PM
She's such an amazing sister. It truly helps. The taste change would explain a lot. I was kind of thinking since she is hearing impaired maybe her other senses are heightened? Or is that crazy? I've been having to pump a bit before she nurses because I've been so full. I squirted her in the eye today and felt so bad! But it didn't seem to bother her too much.

Quoting ednaamelia:

Relating to the strike...I have also read pregnancy may change the taste of bm. Weird huh? Glad her strike is over, and your sister is stoping by. I know my sissy always makes me feel better. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)