Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

LAM, plz don't fail me......

Posted by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 10:51 PM
  • 15 Replies
Just saying a little prayer here, I have used LAM (breastfeeding to suppress ovulation) for the first 3 months with both previous children, and "was" using again, after having my now 5 week old.

But my DH comes up from watching TV and says "you know what Irish twins are?" I'm like yes (siblings born in the same year) & why? He had never heard of it just learned what it meant, AND then says, "I hope that's not a sign we are going to have a set."

Now I have this anxious horrible sense of anxiety and worry. What if I am that 1%, ugh what was I thinking? Please dear lord, I do not want to be pregnant. And yes, no more of "that" until after more permanent BC measures have been taken. I just hope we are not too late.

Do you guys know a lot of moms who have gotten pregnant breastfeeding 'round the clock, no pacifiers during the first several months after delivery of a child?
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 10:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
polkaspots
by Gold Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 10:53 PM
There's a few on here, but I don't know anyone personally. I didn't get pregnant until 13 months pp breastfeeding (obviously not exclusively at that point, but he was ebf the first six months before I got my period back)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
valrubio
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 10:57 PM
I did with most of my kids. I'm about to have my 8th and my oldest is 10. I have always exclusively breastfed.
Marti123
by Bronze Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 11:03 PM
Wow! Do you have signs of fertility?

Quoting valrubio:

I did with most of my kids. I'm about to have my 8th and my oldest is 10. I have always exclusively breastfed.

Aarla93
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 11:06 PM
I delivered my son almost 2 weeks ago via C-section and I am currently trying to use LAM as my method of BC for the next 6 months. I FEEL YOUR PAIN. I REALLY, REALLY do not want to get pregnant anytime soon (Have a 2 year old, 2 week old and am NOT currently financially stable at all) so I am really nervous about using it. I didn't use LAM with my first, although I breastfed, so I don't know much of what I am getting into. I have vowed to NEVER use hormonal BC ever again (I now use FAM as my method of BC and/or pregnancy achievement) so I choose not to use BC pills, shot, IUD, etc. So I decided to use LAM along w/ condoms just to be on the safe side. Wish I had some good luck stories for ya, but I am in the same position as you are, haha. Good luck with it though!
valrubio
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 11:07 PM
Well some I started my period and then ended up prego next month. Others I didn't pay much attention. We didn't mind if I ended up pregnant so I wasn't looking for other signs. I was always exclusively breastfeeding and sometimes my periods would still return quite early.

Quoting Marti123:

Quoting valrubio:

BabyPink07
by Bronze Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 7:05 AM
I got pregnant 12 mo pp, didn't get a cycle until 10 months. I'd use condoms until you are sure!
K8wizzo
by Kate on Nov. 4, 2013 at 7:13 AM
Watch for fertile quality cm, and if you see it abstain or use a condom.
Seximama23
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 7:39 AM
Wow I must be the odd cookie lol with my son who was ebf for 5 months my period came back around 8 weeks post pardom.

My good friend has a set of irish twins
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Nov. 4, 2013 at 7:49 AM
It amazes me, the vast range of "normal" we each experience. With my youngest, I didn't even get me first period until she was 26 months old. I chart and can tell you I couldn't have got pregnant if I tried. Yet I know people who got pregnant twice before I even got my period!

Quoting valrubio:

Well some I started my period and then ended up prego next month. Others I didn't pay much attention. We didn't mind if I ended up pregnant so I wasn't looking for other signs. I was always exclusively breastfeeding and sometimes my periods would still return quite early.

Quoting Marti123:

Quoting valrubio:

Marti123
by Bronze Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 8:16 AM
Thanks, i definitely do, but my 5 week old came using FAM (for 3 years), so maybe i am not as good at identifying cm & position as i thought, ol, but I got that girl I wanted!

Quoting K8wizzo:Watch for fertile quality cm, and if you see it abstain or use a condom.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN