Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Questions about breastfeeding again... Just a lil conserned...

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 12:16 PM
  • 24 Replies

Well yes I have a question for all of you experinced ladies out there...

See my son just turned 12 weeks old saturday, well last week and this morning too, he has been very picky about nursing and, well let my try to explain what I mean... Last week he only wanted to nurse off left breast, and would throw a fit if I tried to put him on the right one, and not only that but he didn't want to nurse near as often as he normally did, maybe four or five times a day for a very short peroid of time... and he was fine this past weekend, started acting normal friday so I thought it was no big deal... well this morning he started acting the same way again, isn't really acting sick just only wants my right breast today, and today however he is acting or has been until he went to sleep acting very fussy indeed... dosen't have a fever, and other than acting fussy he's being fine... i'm not sure what to do at this point...

Can/will anyone tell me what I should do if anything? Will anything happen to my supply if he keeps this up? Who if anyone can or should I call for help or advice ect?

Thank you ladies in advance...

by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 12:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Holland04
by Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 12:19 PM

Teething? 

MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 12:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Also prime growth spurt time. Babies also get more efficient as they get older, getting more out in less time. How many diapers in 24 hours?
Sun_Shine_990
by Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 1:17 PM

Quoting Holland04:

Teething? 

Well me and my dh were thinking and talking this past weekend that he might be starting to idk feel the affects of teething or what have you, because he is drulling a lot lately... but idk... he's also been, today only really thus far, acting very fussy and even thu he's my second I feel very unsure at times of what to do to help him when he won't eat, doesn't have fever and over all other than crying seems fine...

but yeah there is a good chance he could teething...

Sun_Shine_990
by Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 1:22 PM

Quoting MusherMaggie:

Also prime growth spurt time. Babies also get more efficient as they get older, getting more out in less time. How many diapers in 24 hours?

Well let's see from morning until he goes to bed at night,m which sometimes can be late at night... Well sad to say I don't always keep count but i'd say at least 6 or 7, if not more... I know that it seems like every time I turn around he's needing a dry diaper...

Also sad to say I don't recall from when jr was a baby, but could growth sprut being making him rather fussy at times? or could it be something else that doesn't come with a fever? any ideas on that? Thanks again... I had no idea that they get more efficient as they get older, I thought they nursed for longer as they got older... That does kind of help a lil...

MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 1:31 PM
2 moms liked this
Diaper count is good, and remember poopy diapers count as two. Teething and growth spurts both cause fussiness. Treat the teething pain; Hyland's teething tablets, a Baltic amber necklace, or even infant ibuprofen are all good.
Sun_Shine_990
by Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 1:45 PM

Quoting MusherMaggie:

Diaper count is good, and remember poopy diapers count as two. Teething and growth spurts both cause fussiness. Treat the teething pain; Hyland's teething tablets, a Baltic amber necklace, or even infant ibuprofen are all good.

Hmmm, Well thank you again... I'm not sure about giving him pain meds at this point... but where could I be able to find an baltic amber necklace? JW, because I've never hear of those before today... I mean want baby to have relife but I'm not sure as to what to give him at this point or anything like that... but thank you again...  

stepconfused182
by Kelley on Nov. 4, 2013 at 3:01 PM

If you do decide to medicate for pain, no Ibuprofen until 6 months. Tylenol only.

Quoting Sun_Shine_990:

Quoting MusherMaggie:

Hmmm, Well thank you again... I'm not sure about giving him pain meds at this point... but where could I be able to find an baltic amber necklace? JW, because I've never hear of those before today... I mean want baby to have relife but I'm not sure as to what to give him at this point or anything like that... but thank you again...  

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Nov. 4, 2013 at 3:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Baltic amber is available online. 

Your supply will be fine. Nothing here to worry about except pain relief for baby.

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Nov. 4, 2013 at 6:16 PM
The fussiness is most likely due to teething and/or growth spurt.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Nov. 4, 2013 at 7:22 PM
Actually the stance has changed to 2 months not 6 months to start iburpofen..even Dr Sears and Dr Jay Gordon both say 2 months now as a minimum.
Quoting stepconfused182:

If you do decide to medicate for pain, no Ibuprofen until 6 months. Tylenol only.

Quoting Sun_Shine_990:

Quoting MusherMaggie:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN