Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

why is he fighting me?

Posted by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 12:09 AM
  • 7 Replies
My lil man will be 3 mo.tbs Thursday and he fights me when nursing. Not all the time, just mostly at night. He acts like he's starving but will push and kick away from me and then scream. He does this no matter how I nurse him, whether sitti g or laying. I understood earlier he was fighting because I pumped while nursing so when he was still hu get and I pumped all the easy milk he just decided he wasn't working for it. If I've pumped before feeding him he does this, but I'm concered why heis fighting me all night almost everynight even when I dont pump. And I have to pump for daycare so its not an option to just not to it at all.
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 12:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
smorgan865
by Bronze Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 12:11 AM
1 mom liked this
My guy was doing this a few weeks ago, turns out my period was starting back up. We had a ROUGH 3 weeks or so, but seem to be getting back on track.
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 12:16 AM
Look up overactive letdown and oversupply on kellymom.com and see if anything sounds familiar. He could also be in the early stages of teething.
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Nov. 5, 2013 at 12:36 AM
My first thought is teething. Try whatever teething remedies you choose (except numbing gels). Rubbing raw sweet onion on the gums is a natural way to relieve the pain.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
queenb87
by Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 12:50 AM
Why not numbing gels?

Quoting aehanrahan:

My first thought is teething. Try whatever teething remedies you choose (except numbing gels). Rubbing raw sweet onion on the gums is a natural way to relieve the pain.

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Nov. 5, 2013 at 12:59 AM
They make it hard for the baby to properly latch and suck. They also harden the gums and make it harder for the teeth to break through.

Quoting queenb87:

Why not numbing gels?

Quoting aehanrahan:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mama_Pollito
by Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 11:27 AM

You can try to pump early in the morning when he is sleeping, and when he gets upset try to calm him down walking around rocking him, and when he calms down a little offer the breast again... another way you could try maybe will help you, is letting your baby lead the feeding, put the baby on your chest while you are laying back on a chair or on bed hold his bottom and let him wiggle on your chest to find the breast and he eventually find it and latch by himself, make sure you have the skin to skin contact and if you want to help him make sure his hands are not between his chest and your just move them to the side. It could be that he just misses you and he knows when the night comes is he last time of the day to be close to mommy if he has to go to day care... Even if he is fighting you it might be theonly way he shows he is missing you and if you were pumping at the same time he just didn't feel like the feeding was only for him. But good luck :) Keep strong and hopefully soon he gets over that

12yrmama
by Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 2:08 PM

He might be getting used to the bottle, the milk comes faster and they don't have to wait for the let down. Try a warm towel to jump start let down before nursing.

My dd got bottles only two days a week (I'm working pt) she would be a little thrown off when nursing would suddenly reappear in the evenings. I would just massage my boobs first to get a few drops going.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)