Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Dd isn't nursing, but...

Posted by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 10:20 PM
  • 4 Replies
3 moms liked this

I'm proud of myself. Following her NICU stay for a lung infection following birth, dd began rejecting the breast. Not even my lactation consultant could help. I took to pumping, but my supply dropped so low without dd nursing. I can't even pump/express enough to measure, but I save every drop. 

Despite having DMER, despite everyone in my family telling me to quit, despite only having maybe an ounce frozen after weeks of trying...I still sit here, pumping my heart out. She's nearly 1, but I will give her my milk as long as I can. She loves it. I'm actually pumping at the moment =]

I never give myself credit for what I do for DD, but I think I deserve to recognize myself for this...

oh, and just now, I felt a familiar tingle in my right breast...the let down tingle! Been forever since felt this! 

by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 10:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 10:29 PM
You're a super mom! You should feel wonderful for giving of yourself this way, with all that you have faced! :-)
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Nov. 5, 2013 at 10:49 PM
Way to go!!! Every drop counts! 😊
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bebe_ju-rah
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 10:51 PM
You are amazing and your baby is lucky to have you!!
brittybby2010
by New Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 11:06 PM

Thank you, mommys =] I wish I could nurse her because I miss it badly. I hate giving her formula. But her mommy milk is one of her favorite treats =]

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN