Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Goats milk is a no go. Sooo how to I discuss bottle feeding issue?

Posted by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 11:51 PM
  • 8 Replies
Sorry I decided to make a new post. I'm on mobile and this would make it easier to track.

Ok I'm holding off on goats milk. It sounds too risky. It sounds like I'm pumping correctly and am supplying enough.

So how do I discuss with my provider to space out feedings more. I had printed the Kelly list information.

To my knowledge I'm the only EBF mom there too. I know they don't like dealing with fussy babes so in sure that is where the extra feeding is happening.

The day care is amazing and by far the best in town. They just don't have experience with EBF. I want to be able to educate them not condemn them for overfeeding
Any suggestions?

Also, thank you thank you thank you EVERYONE who answered. It helped me out a lot!

by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 11:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Nov. 6, 2013 at 11:59 PM

Tell them you need them to feed the baby this way, and that what you're giving is what they'll be getting. If they don't like handling fussy babies then they are NOT the best daycare in town, sorry. And you can take your business elsewhere.

Daycare competency is not measured by the number of quiet babies but by how effectively the caregivers manage the fussy ones without feeding them into a stupor.

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Nov. 7, 2013 at 12:00 AM
You tell them that they are to feed the bottles as directed (2-3 ounces every 2-3 hours)and they must find other ways of soothing between bottles. They are your employees.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Nov. 7, 2013 at 12:03 AM

One more thought here. I just remembered the old Avis slogan, from when they were the #2 car rental agency after Hertz:

We try harder!

GoodyBrook
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 12:13 AM
1 mom liked this

"This is the amount of milk that he *should* drink while I am gone.  Deal with it."

:)

307mama
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 12:34 AM
Ok. I will do that. I did tell them today I will still only be providing my normal 4 bottles and ask them to space then out better.
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Nov. 7, 2013 at 12:36 AM
If they are given correctly, the fourth bottle will not be used.

Quoting 307mama:

Ok. I will do that. I did tell them today I will still only be providing my normal 4 bottles and ask them to space then out better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
307mama
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 12:44 AM
Yes. On a typical day this is what happens. The lady this normal is in the infant room had to leave early. So the covering lady wasn't as knowledgeable. Hopefully the normal caregiver will be back tomorrow. .

Quoting aehanrahan:

If they are given correctly, the fourth bottle will not be used.

Quoting 307mama:

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Nov. 7, 2013 at 9:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Ask them if they have ever herd of paced feedings, if they have not show them how to do paced feedings.  If you have a smart phone you can show them a video 

http://santabarbaralactation.com/blog/paced-bottle-feeding-breastfed-baby

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN