Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Lose Weight While Breastfeeding?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 12:43 PM
  • 11 Replies

Hey, no bashing but I'm 17.

Weighed 125 before baby, 155 at end of pregnancy, and 124 two weeks after baby. Now I've suddenly gained three or four pounds in the past 3 months. I weigh 128. NOT HAPPY. I wanna lose and tighten my stomach.

However, all the diets I see or hear of involve pills, drugs, diets, protein shakes, counting calories. So what do I do? :( how can I lose some weight? I'm as active as I can be and eat pretty healthy.

Any ideas??

CafeMom Tickers
by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 12:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 12:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Nine months on, nine months off is a good rule. You're at an amazing spot right now. It takes a while for you to recover after birth, and your body really won't be exactly the same as it was. Get out and walk with your baby in a sling or carrier when you can, watch junk food (sounds lime you're on the right track there). How tall are you?
Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Nov. 9, 2013 at 1:46 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree!

Quoting MusherMaggie:

Nine months on, nine months off is a good rule. You're at an amazing spot right now. It takes a while for you to recover after birth, and your body really won't be exactly the same as it was. Get out and walk with your baby in a sling or carrier when you can, watch junk food (sounds lime you're on the right track there). How tall are you?

Christenrenee
by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 2:04 PM
1 mom liked this

it doesn't sound like you gained much.  That could just be regular weight fluctuation.  You shoudl be able to exercice to tighten your belly once the dr gives you the okay to resume exercise.  

I gained 57lbs during pregnancy.  I have 33lbs to lose. 

PooBearr
by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 2:47 PM

I'm trying to do my best lol. Junk food is just so damn good! hahaha and yeah but I was doing so great but suddenly gained 4 lbs with no reason, no change in diet or anything. And I'm 5" 1 1/2' :)

Quoting MusherMaggie:

CafeMom Tickers
YzmaRocks
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 2:53 PM
This is true. Weight fluctuates a lot. I usually fluctuate within a 5 pound range. Have you started your period yet? You may be gearing up to start and your body typically gains some water weight at that time.

As for dieting, I use Trim Healthy Mama which I highly recommend! Not only is it good for losing weight, it is also good for maintaining a healthy weight. Very healthy and no calorie counting.

Quoting Christenrenee:

it doesn't sound like you gained much.  That could just be regular weight fluctuation.  You shoudl be able to exercice to tighten your belly once the dr gives you the okay to resume exercise.  

MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 2:57 PM
1 mom liked this
It sounds strange, but drinking enough water actually helps you shed excess fluid. If I have a day I don't drink enough, I can be 2-3 pounds heavier the next. I feel for you--I'm five feet nothing and 160 pounds!
PooBearr
by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 3:00 PM

I been on Depo since I left the hospital so I don't have periods.

Quoting YzmaRocks:

This is true. Weight fluctuates a lot. I usually fluctuate within a 5 pound range. Have you started your period yet? You may be gearing up to start and your body typically gains some water weight at that time.

As for dieting, I use Trim Healthy Mama which I highly recommend! Not only is it good for losing weight, it is also good for maintaining a healthy weight. Very healthy and no calorie counting.

Quoting Christenrenee:

CafeMom Tickers
shortyali
by Alicia on Nov. 9, 2013 at 3:55 PM
Depo is know to make you gain weight also.

Quoting PooBearr:

I been on Depo since I left the hospital so I don't have periods.

Quoting YzmaRocks:

Quoting Christenrenee:

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Nov. 9, 2013 at 5:41 PM
2 moms liked this

Four pounds? Sweetheart, most if us would KILL to only be FOUR POUNDS over! **grin** Just lay off the junk food and get out and exercise daily. It's ALL you need. I'd also stop the depo; it's known to cause weight gain.

Hannahsmommy816
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 6:24 PM

use myfitnesspal.com or the app to track food and exercise!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN