Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Fenugreekand breastfeeding

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 1:06 PM
  • 54 Replies

Ok I need help brewer's Yeast is not cutting it and i eat the breastfeeding diet. has any body tried Fenugreek i heard it should help. Can anybody help me on this?

hold on to the memories cause you never know when that all you got!
by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 1:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 1:09 PM
First of all, why are you suspecting low supply? Is your baby making at least sis diapers in twenty four hours? Complete weight history? Are you pumping?
mousermom
by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 1:18 PM

Yes I am pumping and my milk was 6-7 oz last month and now i only get 4 oz every two hours for my son who is 4 months . I want to save back milk to but i don't make enought. I am hopeing to have a whole day with my hubby working on our new house but I can't. My sister in law said she would watch him but no milk.  20 + diaper on wet

stepconfused182
by Kelley on Nov. 9, 2013 at 1:22 PM
You're exclusively pumping? And you don't think 48oz a day is enough for him? Am I reading all this correctly?

Quoting mousermom:

Yes I am pumping and my milk was 6-7 oz last month and now i only get 4 oz every two hours for my son who is 4 months . I want to save back milk to but i don't make enought. I am hopeing to have a whole day with my hubby working on our new house but I can't. My sister in law said she would watch him but no milk.  20 + diaper on wet

MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 1:24 PM
Your pump output is already above normal. Is he nursing at all?

Margarett RBC Zavodnyteal ribbon

mousermom
by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 1:30 PM

baby boyI am half bf and half ff my 4 month old right now he was born 7 lb 4 oz and now weight 14.3 lbs . and wic says my baby is underwieght  for his age anyway. i think that he fine i just want milk to store really. He already had his growth spurts. at 3months.

i have a daughter who is almost two who was ff who did the same thing.

mousermom
by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 1:33 PM

yes he feeding off me every chance i get.

Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Nov. 9, 2013 at 1:41 PM
Wic is wrong! He is 3 lbs ahead on weight gain for a breastfed baby! He should be this weight at 7 months, rule of thumb is an average gain of a pound per month and you don't have a supply problem! It is normal for pump output to decrease over time, .5-2 oz per session is normal and you get 4 every 2 hours! Really there is no need for supplementing in your case. When baby gets bottles they should be offered every 2-3 hours in servings of no more than 3 oz at a time (1-1.25 pz per hour of seperation) and with the slowest flow nipple as long as bottle-feeding the breastfed baby, never change nipple size!

Quoting mousermom:

baby boyI am half bf and half ff my 4 month old right now he was born 7 lb 4 oz and now weight 14.3 lbs . and wic says my baby is underwieght  for his age anyway. i think that he fine i just want milk to store really. He already had his growth spurts. at 3months.

i have a daughter who is almost two who was ff who did the same thing.

stepconfused182
by Kelley on Nov. 9, 2013 at 1:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Can you explain what you mean when you say you're pumping 4oz every 2 hours and it's not enough for your son? I'm confused about how you're nursing, formula feeding and pumping 4oz every 2 hrs. How much is your son eating every day??

Quoting mousermom:

yes he feeding off me every chance i get.

Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Nov. 9, 2013 at 1:43 PM
2 moms liked this
Also fenugreek and brewers yeast are unlikely to do anything when there isn't a real supply problem.
mousermom
by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 1:48 PM

I don't give him the formula if i don't have to. i am against formula.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN