Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Stopped pumping but still frustrated, I could use some comfort...

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 5:28 PM
  • 12 Replies

After my previous post about my frustrations about pumping and nursing I haven't pumped for the past few days and just nursed. I don't know if it's a growth spurt or she is cluster feeding but I feel like she's cranky the past few days (still) and wants to nurse almost every hour exactly. It's tiring and my nipples hurt and I immediately blame myself when she starts fussing since she NEVER does that I'm not making enough milk to feed her like I was (she was going about 3 hours between feedings)... am I driving myself crazy for no reason? 

by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 5:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Nov. 9, 2013 at 5:31 PM

**smile**

Do you know why we bond?

Because if we didn't, we'd EAT the babies. Or toss 'em out the window.

Real Babies are NOT the cooing cuddly creatures featured in advertising and greeting cards. Real Babies are demanding, noisy, smelly (between diaper changes) creatures. If they were adults they'd be personae non grata for most folks.

They're made cute to compensate.

You're SO normal it's not funny. Hang in there. It gets better!

MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 6:15 PM
What G said. Just make sure her latch is good. If not, break the suction with your little finger in the corner of her mouth and relatch. Remind me again, how old is she?
KristinD1988
by Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 7:43 PM

She's 6 weeks old. 

Quoting MusherMaggie:

What G said. Just make sure her latch is good. If not, break the suction with your little finger in the corner of her mouth and relatch. Remind me again, how old is she?

sweetsavannah10
by Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 7:44 PM
1 mom liked this

this may be the best response ever lol

Quoting gdiamante:

**smile**

Do you know why we bond?

Because if we didn't, we'd EAT the babies. Or toss 'em out the window.

Real Babies are NOT the cooing cuddly creatures featured in advertising and greeting cards. Real Babies are demanding, noisy, smelly (between diaper changes) creatures. If they were adults they'd be personae non grata for most folks.

They're made cute to compensate.

You're SO normal it's not funny. Hang in there. It gets better!

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Milk_Chocolate
by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 7:59 PM

It is ok. It happens to the best of us. I'm nursing my 5 month old and 2.5 year old and can get frustrated through growth spurts. I seriously think to myself that this kid cannot possibly be hungry AGAIN so soon. And just as soon as I get done with the baby my toddler asks for some. Remember this too shall pass. Babywearing has always been a lifesaver for me. 

Try working on her latch. That and some nipple butter will help with the sore nipples. ((HUGS)) It'll get better. :)

Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Nov. 9, 2013 at 7:59 PM
1 mom liked this
6 weeks is the second HUGE growth spurt. It may seem like she's nursing non stop, but it will eventually slow down.
KristinD1988
by Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 8:02 PM

I've read that it is nearly impossible to overfeed a BF baby and I believe it... but that doesn't mean I don't wonder that I'm overfeeding her. Any idea on about how long these growth spurts last?

Quoting Junebaby18:

6 weeks is the second HUGE growth spurt. It may seem like she's nursing non stop, but it will eventually slow down.

Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Nov. 9, 2013 at 8:12 PM
Quoting KristinD1988:

I've read that it is nearly impossible to overfeed a BF baby and I believe it... but that doesn't mean I don't wonder that I'm overfeeding her. Any idea on about how long these growth spurts last?

Quoting Junebaby18:6 weeks is the second HUGE growth spurt. It may seem like she's nursing non stop, but it will eventually slow down.

It can be anywhere between 3 days to a week or so. And no, you can't over feed a bf baby at the breast. As long as BABY chooses when to nurse, then baby is getting just enough for their needs. The only way to overfeed them is by using a bottle, bm or formula.
Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 9:19 PM
6 weeks is a growth spurt. My 11 month never goes more than 2 hours between feedings.
Merrick17
by Corrine on Nov. 9, 2013 at 11:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Mine is 5 weeks one day. Been eating non stop since 8am. Has been like this the last 3 days. My mental health is suffering, I can hardly eat, drink or pee. I dread going back to work I'm about 4 weeks and have been so tempted to give up these past few days. Hoping it levels out soon. Usually she eats every two hours, sometimes sooner.

I can definitely identify :) hang in there.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN