Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

I want him out my bed... I THINK ..

Posted by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 1:53 PM
  • 17 Replies
my LO is 4months old. He has his own crib in my room. He is EBF. He will maybe take a couple of naps in his crib through the day, but at night, its tiring to even try to get him to stay in the crib. He wakes up to comfort nurse like 7xs during the night. He doesn't want a pacifier, he wants to latch, and that's how he sleeps. I usually just leave one breast out and he latches when he wants. When he was younger he would have no problem staying in the crib for about 6hrs. Well now hes at the point where he's rolling all over my bed, leaving me on the edge!. I tried to put him in his crib last night but he screamed everytime he woke up. He woke up more often than usual. after literally the 12th time he woke up and I had to get him, I said screw it and brought him back to bed. He latched and went back to sleep. I have no idea how to transition him back to his bed especially with the constant nursing/comfort sucking. or even if its even worth it to try.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 1:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Nov. 10, 2013 at 2:07 PM
Just keep doing what you're doing. Eventually he'll get used to it.
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Nov. 10, 2013 at 2:13 PM

At four months, it's really early to expect anything buyt what you're seeing. Keep doing what you're doing.

Death, taxes, never sleeping a full night again.... the price of parenthood!

PooBearr
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 2:23 PM

My DD was the same way. Now almost six months and usually sleeps w/ me for first few hours and after first feeding goes to the crib. He will transition when ready!

CafeMom Tickers
SendMeBabyDust
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 6:28 PM
thank you ladies. I'm sick an I guess my patience is just short this week and I just want my space. of course hes extra clingy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jmaw89
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 6:36 PM
Can you sidecar the crib ?
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Nov. 10, 2013 at 6:36 PM
Yeah, i know what you mean. My 3 month old is in our bed since day one, no plans on transitioning to her pwn bed, but my 3 yr old still climbs in our bed. I have given up fot now. I choose sleep over him being in his own bed. I have been fighting a cold too, so i understand what you mean.

Quoting SendMeBabyDust:

thank you ladies. I'm sick an I guess my patience is just short this week and I just want my space. of course hes extra clingy.

SendMeBabyDust
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 6:39 PM
sidecar???

Quoting jmaw89:

Can you sidecar the crib ?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SendMeBabyDust
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 6:40 PM
I want my sleep too. I'm just tired of sleeping on the edge lol

Quoting Precious333:

Yeah, i know what you mean. My 3 month old is in our bed since day one, no plans on transitioning to her pwn bed, but my 3 yr old still climbs in our bed. I have given up fot now. I choose sleep over him being in his own bed. I have been fighting a cold too, so i understand what you mean.

Quoting SendMeBabyDust:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Smokeygirl
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 6:54 PM
Quoting SendMeBabyDust:

sidecar???

Quoting jmaw89:Can you sidecar the crib ?

You take off the front panel of the crib so it is open on one side and push the open side up next to your mattress. Baby can roll to mama, but has his own space too.
Radellia
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 6:58 PM
I think there's also a way to attach the crib to the bed for more security

Quoting Smokeygirl:

Quoting SendMeBabyDust:

sidecar???

Quoting jmaw89:Can you sidecar the crib ?

You take off the front panel of the crib so it is open on one side and push the open side up next to your mattress. Baby can roll to mama, but has his own space too.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)