Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

New member here!

Posted by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 6:37 PM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this
Hi Ladies! My name is Amber, I'm new to your group. I'm 23, soon to be 24 and currently 23 weeks pregnant with my third child. I DID breastfeed my son for a good 4 months. I didn't with my daughter, it hurt a lot and I just couldn't continue. I didn't have good supports for breastfeeding with her. I've joined this group in hopes that I can get some supports for breastfeeding this little one :) I REALLY want to, but I know I'll probably need lots of support. I'll definitely have the public nurse and whatnot come out to my house, but it's nice to talk to other mom's about it as well and I don't have a super big amount of mom friends.
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 6:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MaryJarrett
by Mary on Nov. 10, 2013 at 7:26 PM
Welcome to the group! :)

Have you read any info on breastfeeding? The book "So That's What They're For" is great, as is kellymom.com.
MistyMoo
by Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 7:44 PM
No, I haven't. I will definitely look into it :) thank you!

Quoting MaryJarrett:

Welcome to the group! :)

Have you read any info on breastfeeding? The book "So That's What They're For" is great, as is kellymom.com.
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Nov. 11, 2013 at 12:25 AM

Welcome to the group!!

SO this is kiddo #3?

I nursed my oldest for 12 weeks, my 2nd for 5 weeks but most of that was while supplmenting..my 3rd was my first EBF...now my 4th and 5th have been EBF.  I attribute alot of my success to this group and the awesome support an advice!

I am so glad you joined us here! Did you get any help from a LC about the pain? Why did you stop BFing your son?

Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Nov. 11, 2013 at 1:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Welcome to the group! Congrats on baby #3!!! We are here for support and that is definitely a crucial partvof breastfeeding, so you've come to the right place! I also agree with checking out kellymom.com, getting a copy of "So that's what they're there for," and/or "The womanly art of breastfeeding." Look up the local La leche league chapter and try to go to a meeting, those can be helpful, and fun as well. :-) Good luck mama, you can do this!
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Nov. 11, 2013 at 9:30 AM
1 mom liked this
Hello and welcome! My name is Julia, I have four kids :)
Zazayam
by Nicki on Nov. 11, 2013 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi and welcome :)

I'm Nicki, I have 3 kids plus a niece that lives with us. I'm currently TTC #4.

This group is amazing, these ladies are VERY helpful.

MistyMoo
by Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 11:54 AM
Yup! Kiddo number 3! I didn't try too long with my daughter And I didn't have any supports for her.. With my son I stored because I dried up. Thinking back I'm sure it had everything to do with the fact the band on my bra was to tight and I didn't know how to get my body to produce moree.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Welcome to the group!!

SO this is kiddo #3?

I nursed my oldest for 12 weeks, my 2nd for 5 weeks but most of that was while supplmenting..my 3rd was my first EBF...now my 4th and 5th have been EBF.  I attribute alot of my success to this group and the awesome support an advice!

I am so glad you joined us here! Did you get any help from a LC about the pain? Why did you stop BFing your son?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN