Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

baby sick and having a hard time nursing

Posted by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 1:27 AM
  • 6 Replies
Joshua is eleven months and always nurses to sleep, which isn't the issue, the issue is he is congested right now, wants to nurse back to sleep (1:30 am here) but he can't really breath so he keeps stopping to cough and it's really upsetting him. anything I can do to help his congestion so he can breath and happily nurse again? he's so tired :-\
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 1:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ekh2010
by Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 1:33 AM
1 mom liked this
Vaporub over vaseline on feer and back. Steam the bathroom up and maybe lean back and have him nurse on top of you...i hate sickness hope he gets better soon hugs to you mama
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ekh2010
by Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 1:34 AM
1 mom liked this
Also tea tree oil in the steam helped some...weve had bronchiolitis twice in 7mo:(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Starshine-bela
by Leah on Nov. 13, 2013 at 1:36 AM
thanks, it's never fun when our babies get sick, he was fine all day except for not wanting to sleep tonight, this is the first sign that he's sick. going to be an extra cuddly day for him tomorrow

Quoting ekh2010:

Also tea tree oil in the steam helped some...weve had bronchiolitis twice in 7mo:(
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 7:22 AM
Breastmilk for nose drops. Works wonders!
KarenM42
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 2:17 PM
Use saline drops in the nostrils then aspirate using a bulb syringe or equivalent. I use the Frieda "Snotsucker" instead of a bulb syringe & it is fabulous! I only do this when baby is too congested to nurse. Works amazingly well!
KarenM42
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 2:19 PM
Correction: NoseFrida Snotsucker

Quoting KarenM42:

Use saline drops in the nostrils then aspirate using a bulb syringe or equivalent. I use the Frieda "Snotsucker" instead of a bulb syringe & it is fabulous! I only do this when baby is too congested to nurse. Works amazingly well!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)