Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

so many hate on bf

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 2:17 PM
  • 10 Replies
2 moms liked this

So I'm scrolling down on posts on fb, and I see all these half naked girls -_- doing the duck face, and I posted a picture about bf, and these same girls were posting that it was nasty and inapporpriate, now I myself am a bf mother I bf my daughter and i'm bf my son, now I gotta say society is pretty screwed up that they make half to naked girls more acceptable then breast feeding mothers, and it's come to a point, no matter where I am I don't cover, I'm doing a natrual thing and feeding my baby, I'm so sick and tired of people who thinks " it's inapporiate" that we breast feed. Every one has their choice of how they feed their baby some do formula which is their choice no need to hate on them because of it, and others breast feed, either way you choose it's your choice and don't be ashamed of it!

by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 2:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bamamommy2009
by Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 2:42 PM
4 moms liked this

very much agreed. with my dd my ex made me feel very dirty and nasty for bfing her. i had to hid it even in my own home. with my ds nearly 2 years later i didn't know any better and thought that was really everyone view on it but I wanted to bf him still. my dh supported it wholeheartedly. when we were seeing his grand dad the baby was hungry so I was going to leave the hospital room to fed in the car so i wouldn't exposed to anyone ..that old man had more energy in these next two minutes than any of us had seen in months. he demanded that i take a seat and my dh make the chair comfy to sit in and no one mess with me that this is what God made for baby.....needless to say no one left the room but no one could see and i was not excluded in any of the chatter for once in nearly 3 years i was made to feel comfortable about my body and baby:)

sweetlexie95
by New Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 2:49 PM
1 mom liked this

There is nothing to be ashamed of :) I thought that to when I started bf my daughter but I stood my ground any way :) I am now bf my son who is almost 3 weeks, and at this point, I don't cover any more, not like they can see any more then what most girls show today. :) but don't let any one bring ya down, you do what you feel is right! no matter how you choose to feed your babies and props to grandpa! lol :)

Quoting bamamommy2009:

very much agreed. with my dd my ex made me feel very dirty and nasty for bfing her. i had to hid it even in my own home. with my ds nearly 2 years later i didn't know any better and thought that was really everyone view on it but I wanted to bf him still. my dh supported it wholeheartedly. when we were seeing his grand dad the baby was hungry so I was going to leave the hospital room to fed in the car so i wouldn't exposed to anyone ..that old man had more energy in these next two minutes than any of us had seen in months. he demanded that i take a seat and my dh make the chair comfy to sit in and no one mess with me that this is what God made for baby.....needless to say no one left the room but no one could see and i was not excluded in any of the chatter for once in nearly 3 years i was made to feel comfortable about my body and baby:)

terrilyne28
by New Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 2:49 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting bamamommy2009:

That's soo wonderful :)thanks for sharing :D
bamamommy2009
by Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 2:55 PM

I learned a lot that day. I learned that when he was a cop on the force if someone would call about a woman breastfeeding that people would try to get them thrown in jail for exposer but even back then the law was on the mothers side and they would take the loud mouths away[not to jail but away from her]  Yes i will never forget Pappy's words so long as i live...I think because of him I ended up bfing longer - I fed my son up until 6 months and then I had to stop.The ped was shocked that I done it for so long bc most women in my area stop after 6 weeks! But my dd I only got barely 4 months so I was very happy:) I felt better too about the baby, about me and my body. Dh and I want to have another and this time I want to see if I can go much longer :)

Quoting sweetlexie95:

There is nothing to be ashamed of :) I thought that to when I started bf my daughter but I stood my ground any way :) I am now bf my son who is almost 3 weeks, and at this point, I don't cover any more, not like they can see any more then what most girls show today. :) but don't let any one bring ya down, you do what you feel is right! no matter how you choose to feed your babies and props to grandpa! lol :)

Quoting bamamommy2009:

sweetlexie95
by New Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 3:05 PM

Quoting bamamommy2009:

I learned a lot that day. I learned that when he was a cop on the force if someone would call about a woman breastfeeding that people would try to get them thrown in jail for exposer but even back then the law was on the mothers side and they would take the loud mouths away[not to jail but away from her]  Yes i will never forget Pappy's words so long as i live...I think because of him I ended up bfing longer - I fed my son up until 6 months and then I had to stop.The ped was shocked that I done it for so long bc most women in my area stop after 6 weeks! But my dd I only got barely 4 months so I was very happy:) I felt better too about the baby, about me and my body. Dh and I want to have another and this time I want to see if I can go much longer :)

Quoting sweetlexie95:

Quoting bamamommy2009:

sweetlexie95
by New Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 3:06 PM

I complelety understand and proud of mama! keep up the good work! and i'm rooting for you!

3MusketeerMama
by Emma Rye on Nov. 14, 2013 at 4:13 PM

People like that would no longer be my friends on Facebook. I have several breastfeeding friends and we post positive breastfeeding stories, pictures, and helpful links. I would immediately delete anyone who gave me grief over it.

ncale
by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 4:15 PM
👍
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 6:08 PM
Quoting bamamommy2009:

Good on Grandpa! Is he still living?

Margarett RBC Zavodnyteal ribbon

Zazayam
by Nicki on Nov. 14, 2013 at 9:00 PM

Agree :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)