Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

just great...

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 3:21 PM
  • 29 Replies
I have my tubes clamped so i couldn't have more kids. My obgyn said scarring from 3 c sections are bad that i would be high risk and on bed rest. For 4 or 5 months i got my period always on time every. Single. Month. Even major major stress from tlaws (ahem, his grandma) i NEVER was late. I looked at my calendar freaking out and bought some tampons then i realized omfg im late. I called my obgyn and she said shes very certain i not pregnant because i have a tubal and won't see me for another month. She also said in extremely rare cases if i am then it will always be a tubal pregnancy and as long as don't go past certain weeks or months then can terminate. Excuse me while i bang my head on the wall!! No spotti, just cramping as if I'm going to start.
by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 3:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Nov. 14, 2013 at 4:05 PM
Those clips are trouble. Every single person I know who has had them has had them "disappear" according to their doctors. My cousins wife just had exploratory surgery to find one of hers that came off.
mama-smurf
by Felisha on Nov. 14, 2013 at 4:09 PM
So theres a chance of a regular pregnancy? She said only tubal

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

Those clips are trouble. Every single person I know who has had them has had them "disappear" according to their doctors. My cousins wife just had exploratory surgery to find one of hers that came off.

LilliesValley
by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 4:10 PM

i've heard lots of things can happen with yourtubes being tied (which is why i wont do it). some women it really messes with their periods and such. i'd google complications from tubes clamped and see what you find. i do know clamping has a higher failure rate than cutting or burning them. sorry i'm no help. i know there have been lots of posts on cm about them though.

LilliesValley
by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 4:10 PM

there is a chance of either.

Quoting mama-smurf:

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

ToniTennille
by Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 4:12 PM

Oh boy... Good luck!

MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Nov. 14, 2013 at 4:13 PM
There is a chance of regular pregnancy... my aunt had her tubes tied, cut and burned... then had a surprise baby seven years later. She's 18 now.

Quoting mama-smurf:

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

mama-smurf
by Felisha on Nov. 14, 2013 at 4:30 PM
Youve been helpful. Thank you :)

Quoting LilliesValley:

i've heard lots of things can happen with yourtubes being tied (which is why i wont do it). some women it really messes with their periods and such. i'd google complications from tubes clamped and see what you find. i do know clamping has a higher failure rate than cutting or burning them. sorry i'm no help. i know there have been lots of posts on cm about them though.

mama-smurf
by Felisha on Nov. 14, 2013 at 4:31 PM
As much as i do not want another child i wouldn't want to abort so if anything i hope its not tubal if I am pregnant

Quoting LilliesValley:

there is a chance of either.

Quoting mama-smurf:

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

mama-smurf
by Felisha on Nov. 14, 2013 at 4:32 PM
I always thought impossible to get pregnant! If i knew pregnancy was possible i wouldn't get procedure done and would have let my bf get snipped

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

There is a chance of regular pregnancy... my aunt had her tubes tied, cut and burned... then had a surprise baby seven years later. She's 18 now.

Quoting mama-smurf:

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

mama-smurf
by Felisha on Nov. 14, 2013 at 4:33 PM
Thanks. I'm super nervous now.

Quoting ToniTennille:

Oh boy... Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN