Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OT, please pray UPDATE 1 *final update*

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 8:38 PM
  • 30 Replies
Samara keeps getting startled. Today she got startled four times in a row and it worried me. I looked up IS (infantile spasms) and it is possible she could have that. I am going to call the doctor tomorrow. Please pray. I am very worried for her

UPDATE 1
So, i took Samara in today. The pediatrician looked over her and said that her right side ia weaker than her left side. She also doesnt pull up her head from laying down when she pulls up her arms (if that makes sense). We hopefully will be able to see a neurologist in a few weeks. Please continue to pray. Thank you everyone!

UPDATE
I took Samara into the pediatric neurologist. He looked her over and said she looks good to him. She doesnt get startled as often, so thats.good (probably just her nervous system still developing). Thanks for all your prayers.
by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 8:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Amycapl
by Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 8:44 PM
1 mom liked this
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Nov. 14, 2013 at 8:57 PM
I had to look that up, infantile spasms, and see they're talking about a seizure disorder. I know you've been around the mommy block and believe moms know their babies even when doctors can't catch it. But I hope it's a normal weird baby thing. Was it just a single episode, of 4 consecutive startles or are you noticing this at other times? I'll be thinking and praying for your dd.
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Nov. 14, 2013 at 9:06 PM
I have noticed it quite a bit, like when laying her down for a diaper change, whicj seemed to be normal, although I dont remember it happening that often with my other kids. When it happened today 4 times in a row is what made me suspect that this isnt normal.

Quoting mostlymaydays:

I had to look that up, infantile spasms, and see they're talking about a seizure disorder. I know you've been around the mommy block and believe moms know their babies even when doctors can't catch it. But I hope it's a normal weird baby thing. Was it just a single episode, of 4 consecutive startles or are you noticing this at other times? I'll be thinking and praying for your dd.

JamieBue38
by Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 9:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Good Luck :( hope baby is ok

NatyRod
by Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 9:11 PM
1 mom liked this
The best of luck my friend. Hoping is temporary and it goes away soon.
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 9:45 PM
2 moms liked this
Definitely good that you're on top of this. Keep at it with the doctors until you get some answers. Prayers coming your way. Let us know what you find out.
Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Nov. 14, 2013 at 11:19 PM

Oh, I hope she is okay mommy! Coen has been doing this too, but not 4 times in a row, I have been worried too, keeping a close eye on him though. Prayers!

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Nov. 14, 2013 at 11:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks!

Quoting Cruz-s-mommy:

Oh, I hope she is okay mommy! Coen has been doing this too, but not 4 times in a row, I have been worried too, keeping a close eye on him though. Prayers!

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Nov. 15, 2013 at 12:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Did you look up Moro Reflex? Because that's normal. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moro_reflex

Cleo07
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 7:40 AM
2 moms liked this
Agree. Moro reflex is totally normal. If a baby doesn't have a startle reflex, it's means there is a problem.

Quoting gdiamante:

Did you look up Moro Reflex? Because that's normal. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moro_reflex

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)