Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

No period while breast feeding

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 2:27 AM
  • 28 Replies
While breastfeeding I have experienced periods of time up to 3 1/2 months without getting my period. I wasn't pregnant though. I took a couple of at home tests to check. Have any of you experienced this as well?
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 2:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
golther
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 2:30 AM
That's completely normal I haven't had mine for 15 months.
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Nov. 15, 2013 at 2:34 AM

Most moms do. It's normal.

md517
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 2:36 AM
Same here. Dd will be 4 months in 8 days and I still haven't started my period. I read it's normal but of course in the back of my mind I worry sometimes.
polkaspots
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 2:41 AM
Yep. I got mine every other month or so in between pregnancies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oliviasmommie05
by New Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 2:42 AM
Yeah my husband is more paranoid about it than me though. He is always like 'did you get your period yet? When's the last time you took a test? Do you think that you're pregnant?' Lol

Quoting md517:

Same here. Dd will be 4 months in 8 days and I still haven't started my period. I read it's normal but of course in the back of my mind I worry sometimes.

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Nov. 15, 2013 at 8:48 AM
With my youngest here I didn't even get my first period until she was 26 months old. And then there was no or edict ability to it at all. 45 to 19 day cycles. :-( I'm a neurotic tester so I tested every 3 weeks or so.
Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 9:30 AM

With this baby I didn't get my period until 9 months.  Got one period and haven't had one since.  All tests are negative.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 11:59 AM
Yes. Some women stop totally for a while, others are irregular. It's all normal and highly individual.
Shanon1
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 12:38 PM
Yes, it took me like 6 mos. to get my period, after I had my DS b/c I was exclusively bfin him, he wouldn't even take a bottle of expressed bm, unfortunately lol & I never gave him the paci, so he used me as 1. & afterwards, it was irregular. I'm still bfin him & he's 15 mos. & the only reason I don't get my period, now is b/c I AM prego lol. But the more they breastfeed, the less likely you are to get your period-it's normal. Bfin contracts your uterus & can prevent ovulation. When I started introducin food, he wasn't bfin quite as much/frequent so that left some leeway, which is why I got my period, occasionally. & My son was almost 1 when I got prego; 2 that pt. he was bfin even less. But every1's different.
Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Nov. 15, 2013 at 2:58 PM
Normal. :-)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)