Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm pregnant and breastfeeding.

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 4:19 PM
  • 11 Replies

So i just found out i'm pregnant again. About 6 1/2 or 7 weeks along. I feel like my supply has already started to slip. My nursling is only 10 1/2 months and i'd really like to make it to at least a year.

Is it safe for me to drink/eat lactation enhancing products?

by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 4:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hoevegirl1986
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 4:23 PM
Yes itd safe eat lactation cookies just no pills, I'm in the same boat my son is 28 months and I'll be 32weeks in the morning! You can do this :)
jjchick75
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 5:37 PM

Yes it's safe to eat and drink things that are supposed to increase supply but it's not likely to work if your supply truly is dropping. But no supplements like fenugreek or anything like that.

Aandie
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 5:38 PM
Alfalfa tablets, good for your vitamin k too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Nov. 16, 2013 at 5:48 PM

Motherlove makes a tincture designed to increase milk supply in pregnant women, I believe it's called "Mother milk 2" I bought some on Amazon when I was preggo, but I lost it...:-/ Luckily, I didn't end up needing it, but has some good reviews. :-)

K8wizzo
by Kate on Nov. 16, 2013 at 5:51 PM
More milk two is safe. Fenugreek is not. If supply dips, there's not a whole lot you can do as it's hormonal. If your daughter's diaper count drops, you'll need to supplement with either breastmilm or formula until her birthday.
Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Nov. 16, 2013 at 6:15 PM
I completely dried up by 2-2 1/2 months pregnant. Some moms can still nurse throughout the entire pregnancy with only a small dip in supply.
outstandingLove
by Cheri on Nov. 16, 2013 at 7:35 PM
Quoting K8wizzo:

More milk two is safe. Fenugreek is not. If supply dips, there's not a whole lot you can do as it's hormonal. If your daughter's diaper count drops, you'll need to supplement with either breastmilm or formula until her birthday.
So how many diapers should she be having now that she is 10 1/2 months old? Also, she refuses the bottle or sippy and has not yet mastered a regular cup. Should i just use a dropper or???
K8wizzo
by Kate on Nov. 16, 2013 at 7:43 PM
She should have 4 to 5. Try a straw cup. :)

Quoting outstandingLove:

Quoting K8wizzo:

So how many diapers should she be having now that she is 10 1/2 months old?
Also, she refuses the bottle or sippy and has not yet mastered a regular cup. Should i just use a dropper or???
outstandingLove
by Cheri on Nov. 16, 2013 at 7:47 PM

i've tried a straw cup.

Quoting K8wizzo:

Quoting outstandingLove:

Quoting K8wizzo:

Also, she refuses the bottle or sippy and has not yet mastered a regular cup. Should i just use a dropper or???

K8wizzo
by Kate on Nov. 16, 2013 at 8:40 PM
Then I'd work on an open cup. There's no reason that at 10.5 months she shouldn't be able to handle one with some help. Tgere are also sippies that work like open cups but that are still relatively spill proff if you want to try one of those.

Quoting outstandingLove:

i've tried a straw cup.

Quoting K8wizzo:

Quoting outstandingLove:

Quoting K8wizzo:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)