Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Painful let down??

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 11:51 PM
  • 7 Replies
I am exclusively pumping. When my baby cries or i think about feeding him both breasts get a crazy painful pinching feeling. It lasts about 45 seconds. It seriously takes my breath away. It hurts pretty bad and I have to breathe through it. It does it occasionally while I'm pumping but not usually. Any ideas or advice? Ill gladly endure it to feed baby, but man! Ouch!
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 11:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Charley427
by Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 11:54 PM
I had the samw thing happen for a few weeka however I only pump when needed. I still feel let downs but they are not painful anymore. I'm not sure why but they got better with time. LO is 11 weeks today and ashe gets older it all seems to get easier.
polkaspots
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 11:54 PM
I only had painful letdown for about two weeks after my milk came in. I drank ice water to help with the pain of initial latching from sore and cracked nipples and then again for the letdown.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carsonsmommytam
by Tammara on Nov. 19, 2013 at 11:59 PM
Thank you! He's 3 weeks old, so hopefully with time it stops.

Quoting Charley427:

I had the samw thing happen for a few weeka however I only pump when needed. I still feel let downs but they are not painful anymore. I'm not sure why but they got better with time. LO is 11 weeks today and ashe gets older it all seems to get easier.

carsonsmommytam
by Tammara on Nov. 19, 2013 at 11:59 PM
Its been 3 weeks and its getting worse, but hopefully it stops with time.

Quoting polkaspots:

I only had painful letdown for about two weeks after my milk came in. I drank ice water to help with the pain of initial latching from sore and cracked nipples and then again for the letdown.

polkaspots
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2013 at 12:08 AM
I hope it gets better!

Quoting carsonsmommytam:

Its been 3 weeks and its getting worse, but hopefully it stops with time.

Quoting polkaspots:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Nov. 20, 2013 at 12:45 AM

VERY normal for three weeks. 

carsonsmommytam
by Tammara on Nov. 20, 2013 at 8:04 AM
Ok good! Thank you. As long as its normal!

Quoting gdiamante:

VERY normal for three weeks. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)