Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

who my 5 month old is sleeping through the night now I have a question

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 8:41 AM
  • 12 Replies
by sleeping through the night I mean 8 hours plus which is awesome she just started doing it was her second night um and I woke up in the morning and I was so full of milk it was a little painful I felt almost engorged do I have to get up in the night to feed her or is she okay? And is it okay to take vitamin C while you're nursing I think I'm getting sick and I want to avoid getting sick but I don't want to hurt my milk you know? Thank you ladies you're awesome and wonderful!!
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 8:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 8:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Vitamin C is fine. Be aware that your daughter's sleeping patterns can and most likely will change. It is normal for them to be.sleepier at the end of a growth spurt, the need to nurse at night and/or more frequently when she hits the next growth spurt. Teething and developmental milestones also play a role in this.
spitfire06
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 9:12 AM
I know that LOL I'm just wonderin if its ok that she's sleeping that long without eating...dh and I are enjoying it while its here lol

Quoting MusherMaggie:

Vitamin C is fine. Be aware that your daughter's sleeping patterns can and most likely will change. It is normal for them to be.sleepier at the end of a growth spurt, the need to nurse at night and/or more frequently when she hits the next growth spurt. Teething and developmental milestones also play a role in this.
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 9:19 AM
As long as she is going through six diapers in twenty four hours (poopy counts as two), she's fine.
spitfire06
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 9:26 AM
Ok lol ty

Quoting MusherMaggie:

As long as she is going through six diapers in twenty four hours (poopy counts as two), she's fine.
polkaspots
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 9:29 AM
1 mom liked this
It's totally fine for her to go as long as she wants between feedings at night. It's when they're brand new that sleeping too much is a concern. Vitamin C is also perfectly safe, but you'll most likely get more out of the vitamin if you go for natural sources instead of vitamins. My mom is basically sick all winter every year, so I've been making vitamin C a big part of my winter diet for a long time now. My faves are guavas, papayas, kiwis and broccoli, but cauliflower, oranges, strawberries, dark greens (like kale which DH loves), and peppers are high in vitamin C too. For peppers I think it's chili peppers and bell peppers, but I don't like either so I'm not sure. I put bell peppers in my mixed veggies and on things like pizzas and sandwiches for DH.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
spitfire06
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 9:47 AM
Thanks mama! Ill be incorporating more of those healthy veggies! We had broccoli pepers onions and an orange yesterday buy I feel like I'm coming down with something yuck...

Quoting polkaspots:

It's totally fine for her to go as long as she wants between feedings at night. It's when they're brand new that sleeping too much is a concern. Vitamin C is also perfectly safe, but you'll most likely get more out of the vitamin if you go for natural sources instead of vitamins. My mom is basically sick all winter every year, so I've been making vitamin C a big part of my winter diet for a long time now. My faves are guavas, papayas, kiwis and broccoli, but cauliflower, oranges, strawberries, dark greens (like kale which DH loves), and peppers are high in vitamin C too. For peppers I think it's chili peppers and bell peppers, but I don't like either so I'm not sure. I put bell peppers in my mixed veggies and on things like pizzas and sandwiches for DH.
polkaspots
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 9:49 AM
Orange juice and slices are a pretty common source of vitamin C. Having just a glass a day can really help your immune system. Feel better soon

Quoting spitfire06:

Thanks mama! Ill be incorporating more of those healthy veggies! We had broccoli pepers onions and an orange yesterday buy I feel like I'm coming down with something yuck...

Quoting polkaspots:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steffiecox
by Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 6:40 AM
1 mom liked this
if your baby is sleeping that long at night enjoy it while you can. Those sleep patterns can ans will change. Pump iif you have to to get that extra milk out.
spitfire06
by Bronze Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 9:09 AM
I wrote down exactly 6 but I think I missed one

Quoting MusherMaggie:

mamabens
by Miranda on Nov. 23, 2013 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Vit c is fine and no need to get up yo nurse her, she will be fine. Expect it to not continue though since you've dared to mention it. Lol 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)