Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

the first years breastflow bottles

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 12:40 PM
  • 11 Replies

have anyof you heard of these bottles? my Lo has a hard time accepting bottles, im going back to school and work soon and need her to accept them. i have tried the playtex, dr browns, tomee tipee, avent and even similac bottles, none have worked so i decided to test out the first years breastflow, but i would like to know what you all know about them and any feed back

by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 12:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Nov. 22, 2013 at 12:52 PM
It's important to know that no bottle works exactly like the breast and baby can still be over fed with the breast flow bottle. And baby is very unlikely to accept any kind of bottle from you. Hand baby and bottle to care giver and go watch a movie in the theatre... then you'll see if she's really going to refuse the bottle. But it's completely OK if she doesn't.
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 12:53 PM
You do not have to get her used to bottles beforehand. Indeed, she is not likely to take a bottle from you or from anyone else if you are in the house. Look up "Bottlefeeding the Breastfed Baby" on kellymom.com. All the information you need there. The Dr. Brown bottles are a favorite on this site. The day you go back to work, you simply hand baby to caregiver and leave. Baby will need 1-1.25 ounces of milk per hour of separation. It should be fed slowly, 2-3 ounces every 2-3 hours. Baby is held sitting, bottles held parallel to the floor, and burped after each ounce. Baby should not be fed within 1-1.5 hours of your arrival. Print a copy of the article for your caregiver.
pita763808
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 12:57 PM

i leave the house when she revieces a bottle i give her to my mom usually because her dadworks during the week. which is when i usually need to run errands nd stuff butshe wont take abottle from anyone

jjchick75
by Silver Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 1:57 PM

Than you can use a sippy without the spill proof valve, a spoon, a syringe, a shot glass. Convincing a baby to take a bottle is not an easy thing to do, a lot of them just flat out won't take one. That's when you've got to get creative lol.

hip2it
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 2:09 PM
I have one to try in case I ever need a bottle but I haven't tried it yet. It had good reviews.
Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Nov. 22, 2013 at 2:35 PM
I had one and used it a little with my dd. It leaked all around. I took it apart and put it back together again and it still leaked. Never did figure out why either.
jaxons_mama
by Allyson on Nov. 22, 2013 at 2:41 PM
I bought the breastflow bottles to give to my dd but she absolutely refuses to take a bottle of any kind. I like the bottles and how they are made but can't really give a rewiew on them b/c we have never really used them. Sure wish I could get her to take any kind of bottle. This momma needs a little break!
princess_peach
by Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 2:59 PM

My best friend used that bottle for her bf baby and loved it. I haven't tried it though. My kids both liked the Nuk bottles. I have another friend who tried about 10 different kinds of bottles with her baby and he wouldn't take any of them from anyone. I second the kellymom site!

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Nov. 22, 2013 at 4:55 PM
If she ends up completely refusing any bottles, cups, etc., that is fine. She WILL take something if she is truly hungry enough. Otherwise, she will make up for any milk not taken when you return. This is called reverse cycling.
MrsErdos2011
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 5:23 PM

My son wouldn't take them, they flowed too fast for him. He preferred the playtex dropins

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)