Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My friend is now breastfeeding!!

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2013 at 4:13 PM
  • 11 Replies

Thanks to this wonderful group and my friend who helped me, I was able to help a friend who had her baby on Friday! She had a failed epidural (they went back 3x to give her meds and it only made her leg numb) and her baby was born Friday evening 7lbs 9oz 20in long (almost exact of my dd1 but she was 20.5"). So basically all natural birth! She was induced that morning. 

Anyway, she and I have been going back on facebook and texting and I've given her tons of information. I was going to even go over to show her HOW to breastfeed, since I thought that would be really beneficial but she never got back to me on when to come over. So I gave her some key tips and she said she would be lost without me!

Her milk came in the night she came home from the hospital (same with me) and she is working through the pain of newborn newness lol fun times.

Just wanted to share!!!!!!

Now I told her she can help another of our friend's when she gets pregnant next!

Yay for breastfeeding!

by on Nov. 26, 2013 at 4:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
polkaspots
by Gold Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 4:17 PM
I wish I had mommy friends. I don't have a single friend with kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hip2it
by Bronze Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 4:25 PM
I don't have any real life friends. Too busy with my kids. :)

I have an acquaintance from high school who has been asking a ton of questions on FB about bf. she's having her third has never even tried to nurse but wants to. I hope I'm helping her.

Quoting polkaspots:

Hannahsmommy816
by Bronze Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 4:28 PM

good luck! :)

i only have a few local mama friends, i barely see

Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Nov. 26, 2013 at 4:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Yay for breastfeeding and yay for good friends who help other mommies succeed!!! It always feels good to know when you've contributed to another person's success! Go mama!!! :-)
Kathy489
by Bronze Member on Nov. 26, 2013 at 4:35 PM

Yay!

woohoo

turttlemom
by Nayelli on Nov. 26, 2013 at 5:45 PM
1 mom liked this

yay!!! that's awesome.

My best friend's sister gave birth last months and I have been helping her with tips and questions. She is also going to our Local LLL meeting, thing I haven't done do my work schedule, but I try to help her all the time also gave her a breastfeeding present,  (bags for her breast milk, since she asked for advise on facebook).

it does feel great that you can help a friend with breastfeeding, doesn't it?

polkaspots
by Gold Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 3:09 AM
I never understood the concept of having babies and not nursing them at least once. Basically everyone I know besides my mother immediately started using formula.
I had friends that were also having kids when I was, but I didn't fit in with them since I wasn't doing drugs or going to jail...

Quoting hip2it:

I don't have any real life friends. Too busy with my kids. :)

I have an acquaintance from high school who has been asking a ton of questions on FB about bf. she's having her third has never even tried to nurse but wants to. I hope I'm helping her.

Quoting polkaspots:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hannahsmommy816
by Bronze Member on Nov. 27, 2013 at 8:10 AM

wow this is a featured post, thank you!!

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Nov. 27, 2013 at 12:09 PM
Thats awesome mama! Congrats to her!
Zazayam
by Nicki on Nov. 27, 2013 at 12:15 PM

That's great, congrats to her :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)