Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

teething and numb breasts? (probably tmi)

Posted by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 1:56 AM
  • 6 Replies
Kind of seperate questions...
The first, my little guys gums feel really rough in two spots on the top of his mouth. It feels like his bicuspids might be coming in first. I thought this was wierd, but he is insanley grumpy and he is trying is darndest to pull his ears off. Is it normal for those to come in first?------also my breast question. We are on 6 months of breastfeeding now, and my ariola has lost almost all pigment and the majority of my actual breasy is numb, really numb.do I have or problem? Or is this normal too?
I'm a worry wart.
by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 1:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Nov. 29, 2013 at 2:08 AM
Almost without exception the bottom two incisors come in first, followed by the top two front incisors. then the other 2 bottom and top incisors. Then the bicuspids and then the canines later.

Do you have circulation problems in your hands and feet? I was wondering if you were experiencing Reynauds phenomenon. But I'd expect you'd see your nipples pink back up. You're talking always lack of pigment?
shortyali
by Alicia on Nov. 29, 2013 at 7:26 AM
My kids are odd. They cut 3 on top, then 3 on bottom, last on top and then the last one on bottom. As far as molars go those are never in any order.

I have no idea on the numbness. I know my nipples get kinda numb from nursing a lot but not the whole breast.
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 7:57 AM
Look up vasospasms on kellymom.com and see if anything sounds familiar. Treat teething pain before nursing. Try different holds and positions. Be sure to correct his latch if it isn't right; they often need to be re-educated when teething starts. If the ear-pulling continues today, it might be worth a call to the pediatrician to rule out an ear infection.
siergomez
by Bronze Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 1:18 PM
No sign of any bottom teeth yet .but yeah, my nipples are about the same tone or lighter than my skin all the time, I'm really pale too. I don't think I'm having other issues, blood pressure never went back to normal and I have chest pains though.
Quoting mostlymaydays:

Almost without exception the bottom two incisors come in first, followed by the top two front incisors. then the other 2 bottom and top incisors. Then the bicuspids and then the canines later.

Do you have circulation problems in your hands and feet? I was wondering if you were experiencing Reynauds phenomenon. But I'd expect you'd see your nipples pink back up. You're talking always lack of pigment?

siergomez
by Bronze Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 1:23 PM
I will definatley look into it.ear infection crossed my mind too. He has been to desperate to attach when he is upset that he is getting on funky at times.
Quoting MusherMaggie:

Look up vasospasms on kellymom.com and see if anything sounds familiar. Treat teething pain before nursing. Try different holds and positions. Be sure to correct his latch if it isn't right; they often need to be re-educated when teething starts. If the ear-pulling continues today, it might be worth a call to the pediatrician to rule out an ear infection.

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Nov. 29, 2013 at 2:13 PM
While I normally don't particularly recommend googling symptoms I looked this up really quick and found a couple people with similar loss of pigment and the were diagnosed with vitiligo. Any history of autoimmune disorders in your family. Mention it to your OB or midwife and see if they have any concern. It could just be a strange normal thing of no worry.

Quoting siergomez:

No sign of any bottom teeth yet .but yeah, my nipples are about the same tone or lighter than my skin all the time, I'm really pale too. I don't think I'm having other issues, blood pressure never went back to normal and I have chest pains though.
Quoting mostlymaydays:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)