Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

bottlefed my niece yesterday.....

Posted by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 1:37 PM
  • 15 Replies
1 mom liked this
So yesterday my bil, sil and two little girls came to see us from out of state. I got to hold my liytle niece (she eas born a week after Samara, but was born prematurely). Well, as soon as i got there i got to hold her. She got hungry so i gave her the other half if the bottle (not sure if mom is ep or nurses in private, she made it clear that she didnt want my bfeding advice). Anyways, it was only my second time bottlefeeding a baby (first time was my nephew 4 years ago). Anyways, I am glad i saw the video on paced bottlefeedinf because it gave me an idea on how to feed. Well, after she was done and mommy took her back, dh said "hey babe, you're leaking" I guess my body thought I needed to produce for her too! Lol anyways, they decided to tease me the.entire day (thats how dh's family is, in a loving way of course).
by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 1:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Nov. 29, 2013 at 1:38 PM
Sorry for my typos:(
polkaspots
by Gold Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 1:41 PM
1 mom liked this
That's adorable. Your boobs knew. I leak holding other babies too. The last time was for some lady getting sick in the mall bathroom. Fortunately I didn't have any kids of my own in there with me. I walked out afterwards and DH asked if I fell in the sink because my shirt was soaked through.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Nov. 29, 2013 at 1:41 PM
I bottle fed a baby a couple of months ago and even though I FF my oldest, just holding a baby that way while feeding is just awkward now LOL.
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Nov. 29, 2013 at 2:14 PM
Hahahaha! Poor mom, i dont ket strangers hold my babies, she must have been so.sick!

Quoting polkaspots:

That's adorable. Your boobs knew. I leak holding other babies too. The last time was for some lady getting sick in the mall bathroom. Fortunately I didn't have any kids of my own in there with me. I walked out afterwards and DH asked if I fell in the sink because my shirt was soaked through.

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Nov. 29, 2013 at 2:14 PM
It does feel so weird!

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

I bottle fed a baby a couple of months ago and even though I FF my oldest, just holding a baby that way while feeding is just awkward now LOL.

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Nov. 29, 2013 at 2:20 PM
About 7 years ago I was holding my neighbors baby, trying to feed a bottle, and the older sister was telling me to do this and do that. Her dad snapped at her and said "she knows how to feed a baby a bottle!" And i said that actually, I didn't. I'm 42 and the only bottle I've ever fed was to my neighbor's baby and I guess I did it all wrong.
isaacsmommy68
by Bronze Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 2:30 PM

I always thought it was weird to nurse someone else's baby (wet nurse). Until my brother had his little girl. When she is crying I feel overwhelmed to nurse her and my mild drops. My son is 17 months so it isn't like he is a newborn. I wouldnt of course, but it seems like such a strong maternal thing to do.

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Nov. 29, 2013 at 2:33 PM
I know! Who knew that was something that had to be taught!

Quoting polkaspots:

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Nov. 29, 2013 at 2:34 PM
I know! I kept thinking, this.would be so much easier if i could nurse her!

Quoting isaacsmommy68:

I always thought it was weird to nurse someone else's baby (wet nurse). Until my brother had his little girl. When she is crying I feel overwhelmed to nurse her and my mild drops. My son is 17 months so it isn't like he is a newborn. I wouldnt of course, but it seems like such a strong maternal thing to do.

polkaspots
by Gold Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 3:43 PM
Yeah, she was vomiting uncontrollably. I felt really bad for her because the baby woke up startled by how loud she was.

Quoting Precious333:

Hahahaha! Poor mom, i dont ket strangers hold my babies, she must have been so.sick!

Quoting polkaspots:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)