Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

How much coffee can i drink a day?

Posted by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 7:02 PM
  • 15 Replies
And can i breastfeed while drinking coffee.Should i wait after breastfeeding is done then drink it? I just had a cup at four. I was feeling a little tired. Thanks.
by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 7:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 7:03 PM
As much as you want. :)
No need to limit it or avoid it unless baby has issues with it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nocalmegan
by Bronze Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 7:04 PM
I drink several cups a day with no issues.
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Nov. 29, 2013 at 7:05 PM
Caffeine may or may not have any effect on your baby. I didn't drink coffee much when i was pregnant but had 1-3 cups a day from the moment they were born. They weren't any different whether I drank coffee or not. The research says mom's caffeine has little to no effect on breastfeeding baby but like absolutely anything, baby might have a reaction. Thank God none of my 4 did.
midnightstar21
by Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 7:07 PM
Well once when i drank some at night. My baby was up all night. Usually she sleeps good for a newborn. Does that have anything to do with her or no?

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 7:14 PM
I'd give it another shot and see what happens. Newborns do all sorts of things that are considered normal. ;)

Quoting midnightstar21:

Well once when i drank some at night. My baby was up all night. Usually she sleeps good for a newborn. Does that have anything to do with her or no?

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Nov. 29, 2013 at 7:18 PM
It may have been more of a fluke that she ever slept "good". The newborn sleepiness might have worn off and now you've just got a normal baby. Which also seems to hit at the same time mom's new baby high wears off and is replaced by sheer exhaustion. I always hit that wall at 3 weeks.

Quoting midnightstar21:

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

midnightstar21
by Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 7:20 PM
Ya she is three weeks today. She still sleeps good. Idk we will see tonight how it goes. :) Lol

Quoting mostlymaydays:

It may have been more of a fluke that she ever slept "good". The newborn sleepiness might have worn off and now you've just got a normal baby. Which also seems to hit at the same time mom's new baby high wears off and is replaced by sheer exhaustion. I always hit that wall at 3 weeks.

Quoting midnightstar21:

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

midnightstar21
by Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 7:21 PM
Lol ok :)

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

I'd give it another shot and see what happens. Newborns do all sorts of things that are considered normal. ;)

Quoting midnightstar21:

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Cruz-s-mommy
by Amanda on Nov. 29, 2013 at 7:28 PM
What they all said^ Also.my 2 month old STTN and has since the day we brought him home, but there have been 3 or 4 nights where he didn't sleep well, nothing in my diet changed and I don't drink caffeine, I just think it was probably a fluke and you can drink as much caffeine as you please. :-)
midnightstar21
by Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 7:30 PM
Ok. :) Lol

Quoting Cruz-s-mommy:

What they all said^ Also.my 2 month old STTN and has since the day we brought him home, but there have been 3 or 4 nights where he didn't sleep well, nothing in my diet changed and I don't drink caffeine, I just think it was probably a fluke and you can drink as much caffeine as you please. :-)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)