Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

introducing Milk?

Posted by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 10:00 PM
  • 5 Replies
I have ebf my 11 month old since birth. Very proud of myself for making this far. My question is my ds is in daycare about six hours a day eats breakfast and lunch there. I have been sending my stash (had lots from when he was little and had oas) for him to have at meals about ounce per meal and I come feed once durring that time too. Now we are about out of milk stash I don't want to pump again and I am going to slowly start weaning at a year (my choise, do it slowly) when is it ok to introduce milk other than mommy milk? It would be at meals at daycare to start wouldn't be primary source would still bf most of time. What would be best. Almond milk? cow milk? Sometbing else? Or stick with water?
by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 10:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
jjchick75
by Silver Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 10:09 PM
I'd just stick with water myself
audmom1218
by Silver Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 10:18 PM

I woud stick with water until his birthday.  DD wouldn't touch cows milk until literally a week ago!! (she'll be 2 in 3 weeks).  We offered it once a month or so after she turned one and never got her to take more than a sip.  She loves water though.  We have a little water cooler and she will grab herself a glass and go fill it up and drink up.  She's been doing that since she was about 18 mo! 

gabi0921
by Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 10:22 PM
Ds does water from sippy and really likes it. Thanks for advice :-)

Quoting audmom1218:

I woud stick with water until his birthday.  DD wouldn't touch cows milk until literally a week ago!! (she'll be 2 in 3 weeks).  We offered it once a month or so after she turned one and never got her to take more than a sip.  She loves water though.  We have a little water cooler and she will grab herself a glass and go fill it up and drink up.  She's been doing that since she was about 18 mo! 

mamabens
by Miranda on Nov. 29, 2013 at 10:40 PM

I'd stick with water. No other milk is ever necessary

polkaspots
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 1:47 AM
You shouldn't introduce cow until after 12 months, but at this point you he should be getting milk before solids anyway, so two ounces a day means he was already not getting enough.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN