Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

You are not EBFing your son!!!

Posted by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 10:20 PM
  • 19 Replies

Ok, I'll fess up.... I was facebook creeping on this one girl.

Someone told me she had a baby and got pregnant around the time my ex cheated on me. So of course I was curious. Turns out she got pregnant long after that and she's with some other guy. She posted a lot of pro-Breast feeding pics and I thought, "Good for her."

But there was one thing that kinda got on my nerves. She's posted a lot of pictures of her son eating solids since he turned 4 months. Then she said that she EBFed him for eight months. I get that the E can stand for exclusive or extended, but I don't think either applies to her. 

This really pissed me off for some reason. I know it's not my baby and I shouldn't even be creeping in the first place, but it did. I thought it over and I think it stems from all moms who boast about bfing. Don't get me wrong, I'm such a bro boob milk gal. I've been bfing my son for almost 10months, but I don't go around shoving it in people's faces. 

Does anyone else feel this way? 

by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 10:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
A.J.s_mommy
by Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 10:22 PM
2 moms liked this
No...no I dont. Seems there's an underlying issue here.
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Nov. 29, 2013 at 10:33 PM
1 mom liked this

It's Facebook. Ain't real. Ignore.

MaryJarrett
by Mary on Nov. 29, 2013 at 10:33 PM
2 moms liked this
She probably thinks ebf means no formula? That solids don't count?

That stuff doesn't bother me usually.
Brandy85412
by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 10:36 PM

hahaha. With stuff like that I post an IFY link to information/articles.

Jujubee12
by Bronze Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 10:52 PM

eh it would kinda annoy me. extended only applies to after 12 months imo and exlcsive well.. thats obvious. I dont see the point in lying its weird. 

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Nov. 29, 2013 at 11:09 PM
3 moms liked this
Stop creeping on your exes, and worse, their partners and ex - partners. It will only make you crazy. ;-) Anything *she* posted would probably irk me.
polkaspots
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 1:44 AM
It's not an accurate statement, and that would bother me too. Technically ebf means no bottles or pacifiers at all if I'm not mistaken. So I didn't ebf at all even though ds didn't have food until after six months and never had formula. He's only 21 months old so we haven't reached extended breastfeeding yet either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steffiecox
by on Nov. 30, 2013 at 1:58 AM
I agree

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Stop creeping on your exes, and worse, their partners and ex - partners. It will only make you crazy. ;-) Anything *she* posted would probably irk me.
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Nov. 30, 2013 at 9:06 AM

ehhh he was most likely EBF plus solids, she may not know not to give solids at 4 months.  Shes allowed to be proud of not using formula.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Nov. 30, 2013 at 9:07 AM

you are thinking ecological bfing, exclusive means no formula and usually no solids

Quoting polkaspots:

It's not an accurate statement, and that would bother me too. Technically ebf means no bottles or pacifiers at all if I'm not mistaken. So I didn't ebf at all even though ds didn't have food until after six months and never had formula. He's only 21 months old so we haven't reached extended breastfeeding yet either.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)