Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

poop question

Posted by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 10:44 PM
  • 7 Replies

my 14mo has had weird poop today and just recently this evening it seems to be giving him a rash (hes cloth btw)

Hes been EBF until recently. last week he started zantac for GERD and we have started to try and reintroduce solids. most of it stuff hes had in the past. So I feel like its not food. Ive never seen his poop like this before. Its green like it often is but its pretty mucusy and pretty much liquid like usual but little boogery clumps which isnt all that weird but there are lots of bits of white creamy stuff in his poop like someone mixed in yogurt and it just didnt blend. I dont know how to describe it other than that.

He has also been pooping all day today. While he normally has pretty frequent poops i feel like its more than normal. I should also mention a couple days ago I had a weird stomach bug where (TMI warning) I had totally liquid diarhea and any time i ate it wasl ike my body flushed it. Could it be related.

I mostly wanted to know if I should be worried or if anyone has had anything like this with their kid?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
baby wearing, cloth diapering, attachment parenting, breastfeeding first time mamma
by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 10:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Nov. 29, 2013 at 11:10 PM

Sounds like he caught what you had.

maggiemom2000
by Ruby Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 11:49 PM

Sounds like a virus. Poor little guy!

mymanben
by Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 11:54 PM
Sounds like a virus :( poor baby
Jujubee12
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 12:00 AM

Quoting gdiamante:

Sounds like he caught what you had.

thank you for the input. I had to just eat clear liquids for the first 24 hours and then add grains. Do you think for him I should just stick to breastmilk then? 

baby wearing, cloth diapering, attachment parenting, breastfeeding first time mamma
Jujubee12
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 12:02 AM

Quoting maggiemom2000:

Sounds like a virus. Poor little guy!

thank you for your input!

luckily outside of his rash he is happy and fine, which I was too so at least hes not cranky and crampy or something 

MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 12:23 AM
Yes, absolutely stick to breastmilk until the virus runs its course.
Jujubee12
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 1:09 AM

Quoting MusherMaggie:

Yes, absolutely stick to breastmilk until the virus runs its course.

thank you so much for the advice! will do! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)