Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Please help!!!! WORRIED

Posted by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 11:58 PM
  • 14 Replies
I am 12 weeks pregnant and currently nursing my 9 month old. He has been fussy and nursing more frequently but his wet diaper count has dropped. Im so worried hes not getting enough to eat!!!!
I dont want to put him on formula but i dont want him to go hungry either.
by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 11:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 12:21 AM
If he drops below five per twenty four hours, you will have to supplement with donor milk or formula until he is a year old. Breastmilk or formula should be the main and major source of calories through the first year.
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Nov. 30, 2013 at 12:52 AM
1 mom liked this

What is the actual diaper count? If it has dropped below five, there isn't a lot you can do. More Milk Plus Two is the only galactagogue on the market that's safe in pregnancy. 

Unfortunately it's really common for pregnancy to kill milk supply altogether. 

polkaspots
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 1:30 AM
Take the next few days and count diapers, you might not need to supplement. You don't have to worry about it unless you see less than five diapers in 24hr periods. Food still comes after milk even when your supply is low.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
junebutterfly
by on Nov. 30, 2013 at 1:59 AM
Do i count ad soon as its wet? Or soaked?

Quoting polkaspots:

Take the next few days and count diapers, you might not need to supplement. You don't have to worry about it unless you see less than five diapers in 24hr periods. Food still comes after milk even when your supply is low.
junebutterfly
by on Nov. 30, 2013 at 2:00 AM
3~4

Quoting gdiamante:

What is the actual diaper count? If it has dropped below five, there isn't a lot you can do. More Milk Plus Two is the only galactagogue on the market that's safe in pregnancy. 

Unfortunately it's really common for pregnancy to kill milk supply altogether. 

polkaspots
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 2:04 AM
As soon as you notice it's wet. You're trying to keep track of how frequently he pees and poops.

Quoting junebutterfly:

Do i count ad soon as its wet? Or soaked?

Quoting polkaspots:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Nov. 30, 2013 at 2:15 AM

Soaked = 2.

Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Nov. 30, 2013 at 11:36 AM
A "wet" diaper consists of 4 tablespoons of water in a diaper. Pour that amount in a dry diaper and use as a reference. Any more then it counts as 2 diapers. Poop also counts as 2 diapers.
aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Nov. 30, 2013 at 4:29 PM
This! A poopy diaper counts as two. Soaked does as well.

Quoting Junebaby18:

A "wet" diaper consists of 4 tablespoons of water in a diaper. Pour that amount in a dry diaper and use as a reference. Any more then it counts as 2 diapers. Poop also counts as 2 diapers.
junebutterfly
by on Nov. 30, 2013 at 5:16 PM
I tried formula a little bit ago he tried it but wouldnt drink any more after that.

Quoting MusherMaggie:

If he drops below five per twenty four hours, you will have to supplement with donor milk or formula until he is a year old. Breastmilk or formula should be the main and major source of calories through the first year.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN