Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

She's going to starve my baby! :(

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2013 at 11:32 PM
  • 26 Replies
This is how I feel anyways. My "baby" is 14 months old and SIL wants to take her, and my older two kids over night. 14MO is still BF and I only have I think 4 oz pumped in my freezer. LO nurses a lot during the day and doesnt get cows milk (or any other kind of milk besides my milk) and very rarely water. My heart is screaming "Don't let her go!" but I really need the break. I guess I just need some reassurance. Im going to try to pump at least one more cup for her before she leaves tomorrow but I feel....wrong. LO nurses before every nap, before bedtime...
by on Dec. 6, 2013 at 11:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AM-BRAT
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 11:34 PM
3 moms liked this
Let her take the older two, that could be break enough. :)
IrishIz
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 11:34 PM
2 moms liked this
What's the longest you have left her? Honestly...maybe overnight isn't the right answer but instead just an evening? Do you think she's going to be fine all night?
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Dec. 6, 2013 at 11:35 PM
Personally i.wouldnt leave my babies that young for that long.
redhead-bedhead
by on Dec. 6, 2013 at 11:35 PM

Why not let her take the older kids and keep the younger. That way you can get a break from meeting the demands of 3 children but won't stress about your youngest.

mamabens
by Miranda on Dec. 6, 2013 at 11:38 PM
2 moms liked this

You'd be surprised how much of a break her taking the older ones and leaving the baby can be! My youngest  is 5 months old, I've enjoyed my break tonight from the older three. The baby won't be away from me until at least two

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Dec. 6, 2013 at 11:40 PM

I was a road warrior in my nursing days so my son spent lots of nights away from me. No starving to death here.

Howardx5
by Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 11:52 PM

The longest Ive left her would be when I went to work. 7 hours I guess- that was when I was working an over night shift though- I nursed her at 9:30pm, put her to bed, was at work by 10pm and home at 6am- right about the time she was waking up. 

Quoting IrishIz: What's the longest you have left her? Honestly...maybe overnight isn't the right answer but instead just an evening? Do you think she's going to be fine all night?

Howardx5
by Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 11:54 PM

If I need a break from any of them- I feel its the 14 mo that i need the break from. i know that makes me sound horrible but shes driving me insane lately. shes teething and very clingy, cranky, such attitude. SO works 2pm-11pm. LO naps most of the AM and then is up all afternoon and evening. so im dealing with her alone every day. and im starting to pull out my hair. 

Quoting AM-BRAT: Let her take the older two, that could be break enough. :)

ceckyl
by Kyla on Dec. 6, 2013 at 11:56 PM
I person would drop my kids off with someone for the day, instead of the night.
twyliatepeka
by on Dec. 7, 2013 at 12:30 AM

I hear ya on needing a break! I have a 6 yr old & my niece(&sil) that is 20mths lives in the house with us too so even I need a break from time to time. If you can pump enough for her to be satisifed I would let her go at least for the DAY and let the older ones stay for the night. Mine is never really away from me, for her spending the night is sleeping in a different room of the house.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN