Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Never take bottle and cup. Hate eating, only want playing

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2013 at 2:54 PM
  • 19 Replies
Nine month old baby never took bootle and cup. He seems has no interest in eating. Any food or things used to feed him are just toys for him. Do not eat The solid food I made or bought. Can anyone who has gone though such experience before share your method?
He just took 20-21 oz breastmilk and formular daily. Sometimes just 15oz the whole day. If I do not make him to eat, I guess 9oz is enough for him. Just letting him play on his own is all he need.
by on Dec. 7, 2013 at 2:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MusherMaggie
by Platinum Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 2:57 PM
Just keep offering pieces of things he can pick up and eat himself. Until he is a year old, solids are not crucial. Breastmilk should be his main and major source of calories through the first year.
melindabelcher
by mel on Dec. 7, 2013 at 3:10 PM
Normal.
I nursed on demand and just offered solids with meals.
My younger two kiddos werent really eating much until 18mo
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Dec. 7, 2013 at 3:57 PM

Is he on the breast at all? 9 ounces wouldn't be enough if that's ALL he's getting. 

No need for solids at all; offer but don't worry about it.

qunny
by Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 4:00 PM
I really do not know when he is hungry. If you let him play freely, he does not have to eat. He normally finished his dinner(breastmilk and little solid food) around 8:00pm. If you do not made him to eat at 9:30am the next day. He would keep playing around 11:00am. Then he will cry. There are two reason for this, he is sleep and hungry. If I offer him breastmilk, he will just eat 2oz. He never want to eat the rest 4-5oz. I have to made him eat the rest. This process is becoming more and more difficult. He just do not want it.

Quoting melindabelcher: Normal.

I nursed on demand and just offered solids with meals.

My younger two kiddos werent really eating much until 18mo
qunny
by Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 4:06 PM
The only time he want my breast and eats efficiently is when he is going to start his night sleep. He never finish one breast at one time during daytime.

Quoting gdiamante:

Is he on the breast at all? 9 ounces wouldn't be enough if that's ALL he's getting. 

No need for solids at all; offer but don't worry about it.

qunny
by Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 4:09 PM
He never finish one breast at one time, which made my milk production less. I have pump, so I definitely know how much I produce now.

Quoting MusherMaggie: Just keep offering pieces of things he can pick up and eat himself. Until he is a year old, solids are not crucial. Breastmilk should be his main and major source of calories through the first year.
PinkButterfly66
by Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 4:20 PM

Is he maintaining/gaining weight?  Is he mobile yet?  Babies that are mobile tend to lose interest in food.   

PinkButterfly66
by Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 4:21 PM

Baby is usually more efficient than any breast pump.  You really can't gage milk production by how much you pump at this point.

Quoting qunny: He never finish one breast at one time, which made my milk production less. I have pump, so I definitely know how much I produce now.

Quoting MusherMaggie: Just keep offering pieces of things he can pick up and eat himself. Until he is a year old, solids are not crucial. Breastmilk should be his main and major source of calories through the first year.

shortyali
by Alicia on Dec. 7, 2013 at 4:34 PM

Im confused?  Is baby nursing at all?  Are you givng baby bottles?  How do you know how much milk baby is getting at each feeding? Or are you talking about solids?

Around 9 months with DS2, I would just offer and he usually nursed aout 5-10 minutes tops and then he was off playing again.  As long as baby is making enough diapers each day then your fine.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Dec. 7, 2013 at 6:32 PM

I'm also confused. A baby eating that little should be immobile and shut down and NEVER playing. Please give us a snapshot of ALL the meals in a 24-hour day; there's soemthing we're missing here.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)